Deployment Manager (AWS, Devops)
As a full-service, data-driven customer experience transformation, we partner with Top 500 companies in the DACH region and in Eastern Europe. Originally from Switzerland, Merkle DACH was created out of a merger Namics and Isobar - two leading full-service digital agencies.
Our 1200+ digital enthusiasts are innovating the way brands are built, through providing expertise in Digital Transformation strategy, MarTech platforms, Creativity, UX, CRM, Data, Commerce, Mobile, Social Media, Intranet and CMS. We are part of the global Merkle brand, the largest brand within the dentsu group, who shares with us a network of over 66,000 passionate individuals in 146 countries.
- Deploy, manage, and operate modern, scalable, highly available, secured and fault-tolerant systems
- Automating and orchestrating workloads across public cloud providers.
- Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure in an automated consistent way.
- Work with customers and other teams to troubleshoot customer environments to resolve issues, improve quality and increase user satisfaction.
- Provide guidance and recommendations to increase efficiency and reduce customer incidents.
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Ensuring that systems are safe, secured against cybersecurity threats.
- Develop tooling and processes to drive and improve teams and customer experience.
- Working with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
- Participate to release management, from development/test environments into production
- Design, implement and maintain effective build and deployment pipelines, facilitating continuous integration through deployment, config management and system monitoring.
- Provide incident response, troubleshooting and root cause analysis for IT operation issues as well as assistance in resolution.
- Proactive monitoring of the environments to detect potential failures or compromises, ensuring full availability as required, as well as possible options for improvements.
- Support internal and external customers on multiple platforms.
- Document products, processes, and tools with a high quality.
- Continuous improvement following company’s internal education program
- Communicate well and good in client relationship, effective at understanding our product portfolio and how to promote our offer.
- Knowledge of at least one cloud offering: AWS, Azure, GCP
- Professional experience and a high-level understanding of Linux or Windows systems fundamentals and their implications.
- Understanding of Networking, Security, Web servers, Web services.
- Proficiency with at least one scripting language.
- Professional automation experience with at least one configuration/deployment management tool.
- Good expertise on container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience working at least with one of the following languages: Python, Node.js, PHP, Ruby, Java, PowerShell.
- Proficient with git and git workflows.
- Proficient in leveraging CI/CD tools to automate builds, testing and deployments.
- Experience working in an Agile fast-paced, DevOps environment.
- Excellent problem solving/analytical skills and knowledge of analytical tools.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- A curious nature, thinking outside the box.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service, be a good listener, work well with others and trusted by colleagues.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, and takes initiative.
- Strong sense of ownership, self-drive, and innovation
- Fluent in English (French or German as a plus), Excellent verbal, written communication, and negotiations skills.
- Start date: Asap
Key skills: AWS, Azure, GCP, Terraform, Config Management (Ansible, SaltStack), Coding (Python, PowerShell, Bash), Docker, Kubernetes, Atlassian, Jenkins, Git, Gitlab
You can be based remotely