Manager, Sponsorship Activation
MKTG S+E is a global integrated agency that harnesses the power of sports and entertainment to impact human behavior through meaningful marketing solutions and experiences. Our key differentiator is “knowing people better than anyone else” and using deep consumer insights to establish powerful connections between sports properties and brands.
Across strategy, measurement, content, hospitality, and events, we connect the sports and entertainment industry and companies around the world to deliver meaningful marketing solutions and experiences that are truly differentiated. The experiences that we create engage customers, build memorable brands and deliver value. MKTG S+E is a part of the broader dentsu Sports International network.
By joining MKTG Sports + Entertainment, you’ll join a team of innovative, creative and caring people. We know that our agency’s success relies on the achievements of our team members – who we genuinely care about and value. MKTG S+E is led by our core values which focus on collaboration, community, inspiring change, pursuing excellence and celebrating bravery – all of which are foundational to our culture and how we treat each other and our clients. This is an opportunity to produce career-defining work. Along the way, you’ll team up with inspiring colleagues and encounter a richness of clients, cultures, and experiences. We offer exciting challenges, memorable experiences, and opportunities to shape your future.
We have an exciting opportunity for a qualified individual to join our team as a Manager in our Sports and Entertainment Sponsorship group. This enthusiastic professional should have relevant experience working on strategic, integrated brand marketing and activation campaigns with Fortune 100 companies. A solid understanding of the Olympic and Paralympic landscape is also paramount to this role.
He/she will be self-motivated and inspired, with a creative aptitude and exceptional organizational skills. He/she will have the professional and social etiquette essential for interacting with clients and collaborating cross-functionally with teammates to execute best in class branded programs. In a fast-paced environment, he/she will approach unexpected challenges quickly, creatively, and strategically without missing a beat.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement strategic marketing campaigns for clients to build and maintain best-in-class marketing partnerships
- Represent the company by interacting directly with clients to develop project plans and campaigns, ensuring ongoing client satisfaction and collaboration
- Collaborate with senior management to execute official partnerships/relationships, selecting the best available assets available to client
- Represent clients and the company with sanctioning bodies and others as needed to help build and maintain best in class marketing partnerships
- Strategize with clients to ensure athlete relationships and contracts are professionally managed/executed
- Develop and implement marketing campaigns (Social, Digital and Traditional)
- Manage planning and execution of marketing campaigns and events from top to bottom, including identifying contractors, negotiating contracts, and supervising personnel
- Oversee all activation programming, including overall annual and per event budgeting
- Plan project budgets and effectively manage costs
- Frequent travel is required, including weekends and occasional holidays
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum) and 3- 5 years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of the Olympic and Paralympic landscape.
- Experience working with the United States Olympic and Paralympic Properties (USOPP), National Governing Bodies (NGB), and Athletes.
- Strong understanding of the social & digital landscape, including but not limited to audience insights, trends, and analytics/reporting
- Transitions smoothly from task to task from one fast paced environment to another
- Engages in good decision-making and maintains composure under pressure
- Has proven ability to be strategic, creative and solution oriented
- Has ability to effectively share/present ideas and concepts in a team environment and demonstrates openness to giving/accepting thoughtful constructive feedback
- Recognizes and appreciates different work styles and has capacity to adjust as needed to work respectfully and effectively with staff, clients, peers, and vendors
- Is proactive and productive – recognizing opportunity and implementing procedures to achieve better job efficiencies
- Strives to increase industry knowledge, able to self-educate in an effort to be ahead of the curve
- Has excellent creative skills and presentation knowhow
- Has a strong sense of ownership - ensures goals are met and high-level standards are upheld
- Has uncompromised ethics, integrity and discretion with company and client information
- Engages in internal activities (team building, events, off sites, training etc.) and embraces our internal cultural evolution
- Prior agency and/or OEM experience is a plus
We’re proud to be different and that starts with our people. To us, representation means more than just diversity, it means true equity. We won’t define people by their race, gender, sexual-orientation, age or disability. Individuality is what makes us great, we want everyone to bring their full self to work and create something amazing. We are constantly evaluating our practices and policies, creating and sustaining pathways to promotion, and intentional in how we create and distribute resources, giving people what they need to grow. That’s what we care about. So, whether you’re joining us, or looking to move to a different part of the business, we work hard to make sure we create opportunities for everyone. We offer team member support through flexible working arrangements and schedules that promote work/life balance along with progressive parental and caregiver programs as well as opportunities to give back to the community as part of our global social responsibility efforts.
If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.