Digital Media Buyer (eRetail/Retail Media Network)
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined dentsu. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
Open to remote candidates!
We are looking for a Digital Media Buyer to focus on media activation across programmatic and paid social platforms. You will focus on both Programmatic and Paid social as part of an innovative, fast-growing team focused on changing digital media planning and buying, in the context of a multi-channel data-driven approach in the Retail Media Network space. You will report to the Media Manager. This role is part of our New Stream Media capability focusing on eRetail, retail media network, and shopper marketing clients.
- Coordinate campaign details, audiences, assets, tags, and URLs with internal and external teams
- Set up and optimize campaigns in Google Ad Servers, DSPs and search platforms
- Set up and optimize campaigns in Facebook and Pinterest
- Execute, launch, and deliver in full against campaign KPI(s)
- Coordinate and communicate with internal and external teams on performance
- Complete necessary wrap up reporting tasks, in partnership with analytics team members
- Seek opportunities to create efficiencies in daily role, sharing processes and procedures with team members
- Provide ongoing support to junior level team members through regular feedback and weekly one-on-ones
- Train entry level team members
- 1+ years of hands-on experience in a digital planning/buying role, including platform experience in programmatic (such asDV360, TTD) or paid social (Facebook/Instagram, Pinterest) technologies
- Retail/CPG or Retail Media Networks experience a plus
- Past proficiency in executing paid media on YouTube a plus
- In-depth understanding of the digital marketplace and advanced targeting tactics, data management platforms and tag management solution preferred
- Passion for technologies used to support digital advertising operations - ad serving, audience management tools, inventory applications, and third-party tags
- Well versed in the Microsoft Office suite specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Professional client communication, both written and verbal
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply. Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.