Marketing Communications Specialist
Merkle is a leading technology-enabled, data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company. For over 30 years, Fortune 1,000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
The Marketing Communications Specialist will support Merkle’s content development and campaign initiatives. The specialist will serve primarily as a copywriter and editor for email, social media, web, thought leadership, events, and collateral for both external and internal communications that serve to build awareness and amplify the Merkle brand, driving engagement with Merkle clients and prospective clients. The Marketing Communications Specialist will work on a variety of client-facing projects that span multiple online and offline media and channels.
- Gain a clear understanding of company’s business objectives and key client objectives.
- Write and/or edit marketing content in the focus areas of email campaigns, social media, newsletters, award entries, and other communication vehicles.
- Write/edit content for Merkle’s website landing pages and blogs.
- Write/edit promotional video scripts for business unit and vertical leaders.
- Support Merkle’s social media efforts, teaming with social media manager as needed on scripting for LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Support the writing and/or editing of video transcripts, industry media articles, press releases, executive summaries, white papers, case studies, and award submissions
- Support sales enablement initiatives, collaborating on the development of support materials for the Merkle brand, capabilities, and vertical market teams.
- Monitor and analyze customer feedback, sales, and marketing engagement results in order to optimize content over time.
- Provide consultation as needed to business units and verticals for marketing communications while maintaining the Merkle corporate voice
- Develop and follow an editorial schedule for content development.
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English, Advertising/Marketing, or other communications field.
- Two to three years of relevant business writing/editorial experience and knowledge of direct and interactive marketing concepts and capabilities.
- Meticulous attention to language, grammar, and error-free execution.
- Must have experience writing and editing online and offline in a B2B environment.
- Journalism experience is desired.
- Ability to gather pertinent information utilizing superior research skills and collaboration with subject matter experts.
- Ability to communicate complicated marketing messages in a simpler easier to read style.
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple projects simultaneously, with a proactive nature, a sense of urgency, and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
- Deadline driven with superior project management skills.
- Experience with the development of marketing collateral, website content, thought leadership, and other communication vehicles.
- Experience working with social media to communicate corporate messaging and events.
- Ability to work well with colleagues from multiple functional areas, with different personalities, and at all levels of the organization, including executive management.
- Microsoft Office skills and aptitude for developing other computer skills, such as website content management systems, project management software, online sharing tools, etc.
- Applicants will be required to submit an electronic portfolio of writing samples.
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.