Tier 1 System Analyst (Host Based)
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
As a part of the team, the Tier 1 Hosting Analyst candidate partners with the Merkle business to make technology an asset for customers and employees and provide effective and timely solutions to technological issues. This individual must demonstrate the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, work independently, assess incidents/requests, and apply the correct level of urgency to achieve a mutually accepted solution, all while providing exemplary customer service in support of Merkle’s technology vision. The Tier 1 Hosting Analyst should have previous experience with Helpdesk support and a strong drive to learn new enterprise-class technologies.
- Monitor and act on high severity incidents meeting strict SLA/OLA requirements
- Triage server and network related incidents
- Ensure that all requests are resolved on or before due date assigned
- Follow incident/request management best practices
- Provision/decommission servers following documented SOPs
- Utilize ticketing system(s) to document issues, communicate statuses, and resolution
- Triage and support Windows and Linux servers
- Troubleshoot and resolve basic server hardware issues
- Provide application support for enterprise platforms and procedures
- Escalate issues as defined in documented escalation procedures
- Perform server maintenance and patching
- Manage and monitor backup solutions
- Uphold and promote Merkle’s core values and culture
- Other duties as assigned
Measures of Success:
- Maintain a high level of internal customer service
- Demonstrate the ability to learn and perform troubleshooting for server hardware
- Demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team and share knowledge with team members
- Positive recognition as noted on Employee and Customer satisfaction surveys
- Successfully resolve technical incidents/requests with high quality, escalating where appropriate
- Flexibility to work non-standard work hours (rotation schedule) including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Associates degree or higher in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related fields of study preferred
- 1 year of Helpdesk or customer service experience strongly preferred
- 1-3 years of experience with Information Technology and specifically with Microsoft server, software, hardware, and cloud products
- A+, MCP, MCITP, Security+, Network+ Certifications preferred
- Basic understanding of Windows (Windows Server 2008 or higher) and Linux (RHEL/CentOS) OSes
- Basic understanding of enterprise data center concepts (server storage, networking, server administration)
- Must be reliable related to work schedule and recurring tasks
- Flexibility to work non-standard work hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
- This position requires the ability to work independently with limited direct supervision
- Exemplary telephone etiquette and the ability to deal effectively with end users, peers, and management
- Possess the ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries and complaints
- Able to follow documented standard procedures
- Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks efficiently
- Demonstrate the ability to efficiently and accurately learn new skills, techniques, and responsibilities
- Communicate clearly both orally and in writing
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.