Customer Strategy Associate
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5500+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with additional offices in the US, Europe, and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we aim to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can grow. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
The Customer Strategy Associate II will join a team of experienced marketers that focus on helping Merkle clients achieve their goals through an understanding of their market and customers, Merkle's capabilities for online and offline marketing, and our approach to people-based communications.
As the Customer Strategy Associate, you operate as a member of our client account team ensuring that the programs we build are based on our understanding of our client's strategic goals. Reporting to the SVP of Customer Strategy, you will build relationships to become a trusted advisor to our clients and the Merkle account team. You will be analytical and creative in your thought process and can be nimble in your thinking about client problems. As a member of the account team, you must also demonstrate the capability to get others to believe in the ideas that you present and follow that belief through to execution.
At Merkle "Strategy" means an idea that is informed, executable, and provides results. Those ideas need to be applicable to a variety of client scenarios and must cross any service that is necessary to achieve our client objective. You must demonstrate experience planning across media and channels, development and management of campaigns that produce measurable Return on Investment, and can work across multiple of our core vertical markets (Insurance, Financial Services, Non-Profit, Retail, Automotive, Travel, Media and Entertainment, B2B, High-tech).
You have and an understanding of how businesses, brands, and customers work, with an advanced understanding of the evolving role that data and technology play in this relationship. You can identify our growth opportunities and develop strategic recommendations to help grow client relationships. This position is located in Pittsburgh, Denver, or New York.
- Build and develop strategic omnichannel marketing plans.
- Be an expert, in the areas of digital marketing and CRM.
- Monitor current marketing trends, new technology solutions, and competitive strategies – and then translate them into new marketing ideas for clients.
- Show an understanding of differences in marketing to customers in different markets and environments.
- Develop trusted, long-term relationships with important client contacts and executives.
- Ensure meaningful client value is delivered through a mix of best-practice solutions, capabilities, and original thinking
- Collaborate and develop relationships with internal Merkle teams (account management, operations, creative, analytics etc.), and partner agencies to understand the feasibility of cross-channel recommendations/ plans.
- Identify important data points and measurements to show the impact of our approach and strategy on our client's business.
- Bachelor's Degree required. MBA preferred.
- 4+ years experience in data-driven marketing – specifically CRM/email /on-and off-line media.
- Experience developing solutions to support the sale of new services to clients.
- Hands-on skills using data and research to guide decisions –proficiency in excel (can perform complex functions) and research tools.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with all partners. Experience translating data analysis into applicable marketing recommendations and presentations – proficiency in PowerPoint.
- Ability to incorporate all feedback on an iterative basis.
- Use business experience to identify new business and marketing opportunities.
- High curiosity, drive, determination, and persuasion skills.
- Comfort and experience working within a matrixed organization in roles with a wide degree of latitude.
- 5-10+% travel required.
An important part of our dedication to fun and active lives is ensuring our employees can live to their fullest potential. Working here means we've got you covered for medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance with outstanding coverage at very affordable premiums. Add to that our 401K savings plan with a company match of up to 50% on each dollar contributed up to 6% max. We get that family is the biggest commitment of all. We make it easier to be a working parent with paid time off and paid family leave.