Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a Global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
With our Head Office in Columbia, Maryland and offices US wide, we continue to grow at a rapid rate across Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
As an Account Manager within DWA, a Merkle company, you will focus on client leadership within the Planner Buyer division. Working with your clients to understand their media requirements, overall business and marketing objectives you will be autonomous in managing the relationship.
You will be responsible for a sector of the campaigns from our client as well as supporting the Account Director in other campaign planning and activation. We work very closely with our clients and focus on building great relationships with them. The role will entail full campaign management from brief receipt, working with the client to define their objectives and needs, creating and presenting media proposals as well as managing the activation process and delivery. Relationships with key publishers and performance managers will be key and we work as a very collaborative accounts team.
This role will enable you to build upon your knowledge of the media space (including digital, biddable, TV and OOH) and available media research. Acting as an expert in syndicated or cloud media tools (ad serving, research, reporting) and general procedures (both media and inter department). Supported by Merkle, DWA continues to grow within the B2B sector recently winning some of the world’s largest technology giants.
Life as an Account Manager at Merkle DWA, a Merkle company
· Building strong partnerships with key clients and their teams. You will be a key point of contact for our clients including handling inbound briefs, arranging regular meetings and presenting on behalf of Merkle DWA.
· Oversee and manage day to day responsibilities on campaigns, including oversight and development of strategic recommendations. Demonstrating client account ownership and identifying growth opportunities.
· You will be responsible for reporting and presenting on your designated client/s, developing insights from data analysis to make data driven media recommendations.
· Acting as the lead in the creation of wrap-up reports and insights.
· Staying up to date with emerging trends you will position yourself as a planning and buying expert building partnerships both internally and externally with key clients and vendors.
· Deploying best practice into campaigns whilst understanding the concepts of reach & frequency management, ROI and strategic customer planning.
· Offering support and mentorship to junior members of the team at exec level.
· Responsibility of some finance and profitability tasks including SOW documents, checking media plans & proposals, overseeing fees and assisting with RFPs.
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
· Career development through Dentsu University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks, and mentorship
· Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
· A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
Diversity & Inclusion
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where ideas and contributions are actively encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry.
We have created seven Diversity and Inclusion Pillars. Each pillar is made up of a community of members who serve as role models and spread a message of inclusion throughout our global workplace. Pillar members are responsible for planning initiatives, events and training, along with championing change within our business. These pillars are Gender, Ethnicity, Mental Health, Religion, Disability, LGBT+, Parents & Carers.
Merkle is a place that embraces differences of opinion. To be an advocate for real change we really encourage applications from women, candidates with disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as we recognise that these groups are currently underrepresented in our marketing/technology industry.
What we are looking for in you
• An experienced Account Manager with previous B2B experience in a client facing role
• Very strong account management skills with the ability to lead client conversations and presentations
• Strong analytic skills, ability to relate results to client business objectives and make them understandable to clients
• Team player, ready to work collaboratively with both clients and our accounts and performance teams to drive success and innovation.
• Capable of serving as a DWA ambassador and demonstrating grace in challenging internal/external scenarios
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.