Manager, Product Financial Operations
Merkle is a leading technology-enabled, data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company. For over 30 years, Fortune 1,000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. In 2016, Merkle became an agency of dentsu.
The Manager, Product Financial Operations position is responsible for providing financial leadership and support to the business units and agencies using our data, identity and platform products across dentsu. The position reports to the Vice President of Product Operations.
Role is responsible for providing operational support across Product landscape, including:
· Calculate data royalties across various Product teams’ reported usage
· Verify and distribute data usage reporting to vendors;
· Maintain tracking logs including data costs by supplier, supplier contract log, and media-specific campaigns;
· Track applicable Product revenue and expenses by client by month;
· Create and execute intercompany agreements (ICA’s) in support of Product engagements;
· Manage Product Financials including,
o Review month end revenue; track against forecast/flash
o Prepare weekly financial dashboard views
o Maintain YoY financial reporting
· Review and process vendor invoices
· Maintain vendor inquiries into payment status
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Advance skills in Excel, Word
· Experience in data or financial operations required, agency or digital advertising experience a plus
· Basic knowledge of Salesforce platform and operations
· Organized and efficient – time management, and ability to manage multiple vendors, multiple client projects, etc. keeping information organized, easily accessible and tracked
· Team player, with ability to operate in dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
· Strong financial acumen – P&L exposure/experience
Part of dentsu, dentsu international helps clients to win, keep and grow their best customers and achieve meaningful progress for their businesses. With best-in-class services and solutions in media, CXM, and creative, dentsu international operates in over 145 markets worldwide with more than 46,000 dedicated specialists. Follow us on social @dentsuUSA. Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Dentsu is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on dentsu. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a position for which you are applying.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.