Marketing Technology Consultant- Senior Associate
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a Global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
With our Head Office in Columbia, Maryland and offices US wide, we continue to grow at a rapid rate across Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
Merkle’s Technology Consulting team exists to be at the forefront of Customer Experience Management (CXM.) Data-driven, technology-enabled and customer-centric strategy, design, and execution of end-to-end customer experiences across marketing, sales, service, and commerce, achieved by an adaptive organization helping enterprise-level clients navigate the complexity and empowering them to understand what is needed to deliver best-in-class customer experiences which are personal at scale, focused on meeting customer needs, driven by holistic customer data, and orchestrated consistently across all touchpoints.
We bridge technology strategy across the functional areas of Merkle, working closely with experts across a wide range of specialisms to help businesses accelerate and scale the business value they generate from effectively using their first-party data and technology, and partnering with them long-term to achieve measurable value outcomes for their consumers and shareholders.
With our Technology Consulting practice having been founded earlier this year, this role is ideally timed to give freedom to innovate and collaborate on the development of our services, and to carve out new areas of ownership as we grow our capability and strategic positioning.
Modern technologies are evolving all the time, so we are looking for a candidate with an agile mindset, adaptable skillset, forward-thinking perspective, and proven experience in a complementary area.
We encourage candidates to apply if they feel they meet most of the core skill requirements, alongside the level of experience we require (please do not be put off if you do not meet all the criteria).
If you have a logical problem-solving mind, strong communication & organizational skills, and a desire to seek deep understanding of interesting topics, please read on. We welcome your application if you feel that this could be the right fit for your future career direction.
Life as a Marketing Technology Consultant- Senior Associate
The Marketing Technology Consultant- Senior Associate will play a key role throughout the delivery of our consulting projects, helping to answer important questions we’re hearing from clients including:
- How do we build and better utilize our first-party data?
- How do we improve and better integrate our existing data & technology setup?
- What is our current state, and what are the gaps against a future-state architecture?
- Which technology is right for our organization to enable our future vision?
- What are the common pitfalls of technology investments, and how can we avoid them?
- What does good look like, and how do we migrate to using modern technology for CX?
- They will support the discovery process, attending interviews and workshops with key stakeholders to generate use cases in the context of the customer lifecycle. They will consolidate the key themes from the sessions and document business requirements.
- They will deliver end-to-end assessments and analyses of market-leading technology vendors to determine the best fit based on bespoke client business requirements & use cases.
- They will collaborate with implementation teams to design future-proofed strategic solutions to drive more value from existing data & technology and optimize customer experiences.
- Additionally, the Marketing Technology Consultant- Senior Associate will play an important role in the internal growth and development of our Technology Consulting proposition:
- Stay current on industry insights and innovation in the CXM world, sharing their perspective with the wider business and with clients.
- Lead internal initiatives to evolve and align Merkle’s point of view on various partner technologies and how they can be leveraged to enable customer experience management.
- Support on pitching Technology Consulting services to new prospects and integrating into cohesive solutions when preparing a collaborative response across Merkle.
- Drive excellence through thought-leadership and creative problem-solving.
- Nurture relationships with established technology partners in the CXM space to drive leads and facilitate access to partner-led training. Work with them to collaboratively increase the capabilities of the team.
- Collaborate and align with other Merkle departments to prompt synergies and cross-sell.
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too.
- Flexible working hours and adapted to your individual preference between office & remote
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks, and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
Diversity & Inclusion
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where ideas and contributions are actively encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry.
We have created six Diversity and Inclusion Pillars. Each pillar is made up of a community of members who serve as role models and spread a message of inclusion throughout our global workplace. Pillar members are responsible for planning initiatives, events and training, along with championing change within our business. These pillars are Gender, Ethnicity, Mental Health, Religion, Disability, LGBT+.
Merkle is a place that embraces differences of opinion. To be an advocate for real change we really encourage applications from women, candidates with disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as we recognize that these groups are currently underrepresented in our marketing/technology industry.
What we are looking for in you
- Passionate about customer experience & digital transformation, with a proven track record in marketing data and technology solutions. We anticipate the appropriate candidate would come with 3+ years of experience in a relevant domain
- Experience designing and deploying marketing technology solutions such as Customer Data Platforms (CDPs), Customer Experience Platforms, Data Management Platforms, Marketing Clouds or Analytics Platforms.
- Experience designing or mapping technology stack architecture, including integrations, would be desired but not essential.
- Some hands-on knowledge within the Salesforce or Adobe technology stacks is preferable.
- Specific experience with any of the following would be a considered a strong plus: Adobe Experience Platform, Pega, Salesforce CDP, Salesforce Interaction Studio, Thunderhead, Exponea, Tealium, Boxever, Segment, mParticle, ActionIQ).
- Experience working with clients across multiple markets and/or brands is highly desired.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to build relationships with client stakeholders and tailor their communication to different audiences (based on seniority, technical knowledge etc.).
- Able to work well under pressure, with a high degree of flexibility and fluidity.
- Proven track record of working within cross-functional / cross-platform digital projects with large groups of stakeholders and project team members.
- Desire to support and develop a rapidly growing capability within a world-class CXM agency (see below section).
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.