Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a Global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
With our Head Office in Columbia, Maryland and offices US wide, we continue to grow at a rapid rate across Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
The Business Analyst is a primary role in ensuring the successful delivery and ongoing evolution of solutions for our clients and is a key liaison between our clients and Merkle’s technology delivery teams. This is a highly visible position, as the business analyst is entrusted with accurately documenting our clients’ requirements and acceptance criteria at multiple levels of detail, for a program of work or specific project. The Business Analyst must have strong attention to detail and communication skills and be prepared to use those skills across all levels of both the clients’ organisation and Merkle.
Life as a Business Analysis at Merkle
- Working across varied clients
- Having a key role in discovery stages for new clients
- Helping to turn client objectives into tangible delivery requirements
- Working with multiple departments and roles within Merkle
- Joining a team which is expanding and to help with this expansion
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
What we are looking for in you
- Qualified individual possesses the Merkle attributes of being smart, curious, committed to vision, passionate, fun/pleasant, an achiever and having a sense of urgency.
- 5+ years’ experience of working as a Business Analyst.
- Excellent stakeholder management.
- Experience of running discovery workshops with multiple stakeholders with complex, extensive and potentially conflicting requirements.
- Experience of writing detailed requirements specifications for solution delivery with a significant data component or data focus.
- Experience with Marketing, especially Customer Experience Marketing
- Experience with test planning and use case documentation.
- SQL experience to conduct basic data analysis
- Ability to thrive in a complex environment and rapidly master complex data structures
- Exhibits intense curiosity, to dig beneath the superficial and identify facts
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.