Directors are responsible for designing, implementing, leading and growing client engagements and setting the charter for one or more of Merkle’s strategic accounts. They are accountable for overall account management activities and serve as leaders within a client team overseeing an account management team as well as maintaining indirect responsibility for shared service work activity (creative, strategy, analytics, etc.). They are also skilled in having difficult client and employee conversations within the context of project management and they consistently demonstrate an advanced ability to rally a team to deliver high client satisfaction.
Directors establish and maintain strong, strategic partnerships with the client by ensuring the successful execution of deliverables and putting forth recommendations related to applied strategy using performance marketing and/or industry knowledge. Provide thought leadership on strategic planning initiatives, and engage a cross-functional team to deliver high levels of overall service and delivery.
- Successfully manage people and create opportunities for growth and development throughout team; coach and mentor internal team members for career advancement.
- Establish strong relationship with clients to promote Merkle and our service offerings.
- Drive new business on existing accounts and participate in new business development efforts.
- Consistently demonstrates financial acumen through ensuring revenue and profitability targets are met on account(s).
- Proactively manage the business to client through supporting and leading staffing and resource management.
- Ability to travel to clients occassionally
- Lead execution of all client work, ensuring it meets or exceeds client’s objectives, is in line with Merkle’s creative philosophy and is of the highest quality.
- ·Bachelor's degree required
- 7 – 10+ years experience in client services/account management in an advertising agency, marketing company, or client side marketing department with a strong working knowledge of:
- Online and offline creative development and production
- Digital Marketing
- Multichannel/Integrated Marketing
- Campaign management
- Relationship/Client Management
- Account Planning and Strategy
- Ability to lead both internal (account, creative, strategy, analytics, etc.) and client teams
- Understanding of data analytics for multi-channel results analysis and recommendations
- Business acumen to develop and manage budgets/forecasts/ pro forma
- Exceptional written and verbal skills, including presentation and client engagement
- Ability to multi-task and work well in a fast changing environment
- Consistent, keen attention to detail; successfully deliver on high expectations
- Advanced Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
- Quick study; ability to remember agency and client preferences and requirements
- Beneficial if experience in Health insurance and Medicare Services and/or performance creative for direct mail and digital, either agency or client side
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.