Customer Strategy Director
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
The Customer Strategy Director will join a team of experienced marketers that focus on helping Merkle clients achieve their goals through understanding of their market and customers, Merkle's capabilities for online and offline marketing and our approach to people-based communications.
You will operate as a member of our client account team ensuring that the programs we build are based on our understanding of our client's strategic goals. You must also build relationships to become a trusted advisor to our clients and Merkle account team. You will be analytical and creative in your thought process and solving client problems. As someone inside of an account team you must also demonstrate the capability to get others to believe in the ideas that you present and follow that belief through to execution.
At Merkle "Strategy" means a key idea that is informed, possible and provides results. Those ideas need to be applicable to a variety of client scenarios and must cross any service that is necessary to achieve our client goals. As an Director in the Customer Strategy team you have demonstrate experience planning across media and channels, development and management of campaigns that produce measurable Return on investment and can work across multiple of our core vertical markets (Insurance, Financial Services, Non-Profit, Retail, Automotive, Travel, Media and Entertainment, B2B, High-tech)
You must understand how businesses, brands and customers work, with an advanced understanding of the evolving role that data and technology play in this relationship. You can identify our growth opportunities and develop strategic recommendations to help grow client relationships.
- Lead the building and delivery of strategic omni-channel marketing plans.
- Be an expert in the areas of digital marketing and CRM.
- Monitor current marketing trends, new technology solutions, and competitive strategies – and then translate them into new marketing ideas for clients.
- Show a strong understanding of differences in marketing to customers in different markets and environments.
- Develop trusted, long-term relationships with important client contacts and executives.
- Ensure meaningful client value is delivered through a mix of best-practice solutions, skills, and original thinking.
- Manage team members to provide strategy projects correctly.
- Collaborate and develop relationships with internal Merkle teams (account management, operations, creative, analytics), and partner agencies to understand the feasibility of cross-channel recommendations/ plans.
- Identify essential data points and measurements to show the impact of our approach and strategy on our client's business.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 8 or more years' experience in data-driven marketing – specifically CRM/ email / Online media / Offline media.
- 3- 5+ years working in an agency or consulting firm.
- Experience developing solutions to support the sale of new services to clients.
- Hands-on skills using data and research to guide decisions –can maintain complex spreadsheets in Excel and research tools.
- Experience translating data analysis into relevant marketing recommendations and presentations – proficiency in PowerPoint.
- Incorporate all feedback on an iterative basis.
- Use business experience to identify new business and marketing opportunities.
- Understand clients visible and invisible needs.
- Networking skills.
- High curiosity, drive, and determination.
- Comfort and experience working within a matrixed organization in roles with a wide degree of latitude.
- 20-50% travel
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
• Comprehensive healthcare plans
• FTO and family leave
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.