Senior Data Scientist
We Dream. We Do. We Deliver.
As a full-service, data-driven customer experience transformation, we partner with Top 500 companies in the DACH region and in Eastern Europe. Originally from Switzerland, Merkle DACH was created out of a merger Namics and Isobar - two leading full-service digital agencies.
Our 1200+ digital enthusiasts are innovating the way brands are built, through providing expertise in Digital Transformation strategy, MarTech platforms, Creativity, UX, CRM, Data, Commerce, Mobile, Social Media, Intranet and CMS. We are part of the global Merkle brand, the largest brand within the dentsu group, who shares with us a network of over 66,000 passionate individuals in 146 countries.
- Doing initial big data exploration and presenting results to business stakeholders (up to C-level)
- Developing models and data features using Machine Learning techniques to deliver AI-powered segmentation, scoring or recommendations …
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods & tools (Hadoop, Spark, Jupiter/Zeppelin, RapidMiner, …)
- Defining data ingestion pipelines needed for building a platform providing insights into marketing automation, customer acquisition, and other key businesses
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis & execution to achieve 360° customer view (staging, feature store & data marts areas)
- Working with data engineering team to productionize data processing & models execution
- Solid proficiency in big data science using Spark + Hadoop ecosystem
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, etc.
- Experience with tools for data processing and visualization, such as Jupiter, Zeppelin, D3.js, GGplot, etc.
- Proficiency in using SQL and Python/Scala/R scripting and programming languages
- Experience with SQL & NoSQL databases, such as Oracle, MS SQL Server, MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase.
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Great communication skills
- Data-oriented personality
- Deep hands-on analysis experience in MS Azure (DataBricks) or AWS (SageMaker) environments expertise is a big plus
- Business expertise in areas of Digital Marketing (AdTech), Marketing Automation, CRM and e-commerce is a significant advantage
- Past experience in business intelligence projects, using tools like PowerBI, Tableau, Qlick Sense, Keboola…
- Understanding of stream data processing, messaging, and highly scalable real-time data processing using technologies like Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Understanding of data pipeline/workflow management tools like ETL tools, Airflow, NiFi, StreamSets, Glue, Azure Data Factory etc.
We work with highly motivated people, who support and enrich each other. We live the possibilities of the digital world through home office, meaning you can work anywhere with flexible (annual) working hours. We also value face-to-face exchanges - coffee or tea, biscuits or fruit are all welcomed on board and shared throughout our offices.
If you ever feel the need to take a break from the digital world, we love to get hands on together and use pens, paper, and whiteboards for brainstorming sessions. Need to clear your head? Hit the foosball table, PlayStation, massage bench or yoga mat. For networking and (brain) food, we offer regular exchange formats, like meetings, tech labs and more. Not enough? We are full believers in education and support training, whether it be internally or externally. We support you.
If you feel inspired by us, we’ll probably be inspired by you. Join us now and apply online to make sure we match each other’s expectations. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment. We welcome all qualified candidates - regardless of your gender or background, please indicate your salary expectations and possible entry date. We look forward to hearing from you!
Personal consultancies - we only work with selected partners.
Talent Acquisition Business Partner
Phone: +381 69 789 083