Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
The Customer Strategy Manager will join a team of experienced marketers that focus on helping Merkle clients achieve their goals through understanding of their market and customers, Merkle's capabilities for online and offline marketing and our approach to people-based communications.
You will operate as a member of our client account team ensuring that the programs we build are based on our understanding of our client's strategic goals. You must also to become a trusted advisor to our clients and Merkle account team. You will be creative in your thought process and in your thinking about client problems. As someone inside of an account team you must also demonstrate the capability to get others to believe in the ideas that you present and follow that belief through to execution.
At Merkle "Strategy" means an important idea that is informed, possible and provides results. Those ideas need to be applicable to a variety of client scenarios and must cross any service that is necessary to achieve our client objective. As a Manager in the Customer Strategy team you have demonstrated experience planning across media and channels, development and management of campaigns that produce measurable Return on investment and can work across multiple of our core vertical markets (Insurance, Financial Services, Non-Profit, Retail, Automotive, Travel, Media and Entertainment, B2B, High-tech)
You have a passion for, and an understanding of how businesses, brands and customers work, with an advanced understanding of the evolving role that data and technology play in this relationship. You can identify our growth opportunities and develop strategic recommendations to help grow client relationships.
- Lead the building and delivery of strategic omni-channel marketing plans.
- Be an expert in the areas of digital marketing and CRM.
- Monitor current marketing trends, new technology solutions, and competitive strategies – and then translate them into new marketing ideas for clients.
- Show an understanding of differences in marketing to customers in different markets and environments.
- Develop trusted, long-term relationships with important client contacts and executives.
- Ensure meaningful client value is delivered through a mix of best-practice solutions, skills, and original thinking.
- Manage team members to provide strategy projects correctly.
- Collaborate and develop relationships with internal Merkle teams (account management, operations, creative, analytics), and partner agencies to understand the feasibility of cross-channel recommendations/ plans.
- Identify important data points and measurements to show the impact of our approach and strategy on our client's business.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 6+ years' experience in data-driven marketing – specifically CRM/ email / Online media / Offline media.
- 2+ years working in an agency or consulting firm.
- Experience developing solutions to support the sale of new services to clients.
- Hands-on skills using data and research to guide decisions –proficiency in excel (can write advanced macros) and research tools.
- Experience translating data analysis into applicable marketing recommendations and presentations – proficiency in PowerPoint.
- Incorporate all feedback on an iterative basis.
- Use business experience to identify new business and marketing opportunities.
- Understand clients visible and invisible needs.
- Drive and determination.
- Comfort and experience working within a matrixed organization in roles with a wide degree of latitude.
- 20%+ travel.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.