Manager, Customer Analytics
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
Location: Any Merkle office location or remote
The Customer Analytics Manager will use in-depth knowledge in quantitative database marketing and an understanding of business processes to develop analytical solutions for business issues. The Manager is responsible for ensuring timely delivery of data, analytics, and strategic consulting to support the client’s database marketing initiatives. Serves as a resource within area of expertise. Manages others and may take project lead on smaller projects and/or a short-term basis.
Perform advanced analytics tasks, including but not limited to:
- Conducts advanced quantitative analyses of the marketing effectiveness of campaigns; and builds sophisticated statistical models to segment customer population, to enhance upgrading and deepen retention strategies, and to lift profitability by improving customer behavior through marketing drivers
- Consults on client business problems, drives analytic objectives, develops concrete analytic/problem solving framework, identifies data needs and formulates data solutions, packages, and presents insights to stake holders at all levels.
- Develops, writes, and presents strategic recommendations and projects that directly address clients' toughest questions
- Participates in brainstorming sessions that identify new marketing opportunities for clients
- Stays abreast of industry trends and technological advancements by staying informed of advancements in the industry
- Work effectively across teams, including geographically dispersed, to ensure client satisfaction
- Develop project plan (work plan); manage individual/team day-to-day tasks; and meet project deadlines
Ability to explain/present complicated/advanced analytical methodology and results to non-technical audiences
Ability to discover hidden insights or complex patterns through advanced multi-variate data mining techniques on un-structured business problems
Ability to execute advanced analytic tasks (including but not limited to modeling, segmentation, forecasting, etc.) and create meaningful analytical outputs
Ability to identify areas for statistical innovation or process improvement, do independent research, develop innovative approaches or processes/codes to 1) improve client business results, 2) improve efficiencies, 3) reduce potential errors
Ability to translate analysis insights into actionable recommendations and strategies for marketers.
- Possess core database marketing knowledge such as understanding of structured/unstructured data, client data, relational database concepts, and direct marketing concepts
- Possess core analytical competencies such as ability to formulate an analytical problem; QC data and results; Summarize key findings/insights; Make actionable recommendations; and develop new and innovative analytical solutions to solve challenging business problems
- Possess client/team engagement competencies such as gather specifications, develop analytical roadmap, and approach and manage expectations, and coordinate delivery with internal team
- Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) or equivalent in statistics, math, economics, or related scientific/quantitative field; Advanced degree (M.A., M.S., Ph.D.) preferred
Minimum of 5+ years of experience in quantitative marketing arena, in database and/or digital (addressable) marketing
Must be strong in SQL, and/or SAS/R/Python
Familiarity with Tableau preferred but not required
Skilled in MS Office (Word, Access, Excel & PowerPoint)
Excellent written and oral presentation skills are required
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.