Frontend developer (JS)
We Dream. We Do. We Deliver.
As a full-service, data-driven customer experience transformation, we partner with Top 500 companies in the DACH region and in Eastern Europe. Originally from Switzerland, Merkle DACH was created out of a merger Namics and Isobar - two leading full-service digital agencies.
Our 1200+ digital enthusiasts are innovating the way brands are built, through providing expertise in Digital Transformation strategy, MarTech platforms, Creativity, UX, CRM, Data, Commerce, Mobile, Social Media, Intranet and CMS. We are part of the global Merkle brand, the largest brand within the dentsu group, who shares with us a network of over 66,000 passionate individuals in 146 countries.
- Design efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive web applications
- Determining the structure and design of web pages
- Developing features to enhance the user experience
- Ensuring good responsive design implementation that is optimized for all form factors
- Optimizing web components for maximum speed and scalability
- Work with technical team leads to design overall application architecture with specific focus on frontend architecture
- Define best practices and help evolve our current front-end stack
- Work in close co-ordination with our multidisciplinary team to craft solutions to business problems considering functional and non-functional requirements
- Develop technical solutions which are robust, secure, and easily maintainable
- Ensuring that you are using the right techniques and tools for the job
- Ensuring system documentation is kept up to date
- Regular communication with team on project progress, issues, and risks
- Provide input and mentoring for other engineers
- 5+ years professional software engineering experience
- Typescript experience is a plus
- Experience in implementing Design Systems jointly with design teams is a plus
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design.
- Experience consuming APIs
- Experience with template languages (e.g., Liquid, Mustache) is a plus
- Experience with platform integration is (e.g., Sitecore, AEM, Shopify) is a big plus
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Familiarity with code versioning tools (GIT based)
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical teams
- Problem-solving mindset.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
As if that wasn't enough, check out what else we have for you:
- Cutting Edge Technology & Latest IT tools
- Agile and Flexible working hours
- Fair compensation according to your experience
- Career path
- Software-house environment
- Health insurance (also included for the household)
- 25 vacations days
- Free coffee
- Team & Company events (we can't wait to give a huge party after the COVID🎉🎊)