Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
The primary purpose of a Recruiter is to partner with hiring managers as well as other Recruiters and Talent Leads to develop and maintain a strong candidate pipeline for core roles within assigned business units ultimately leading to a new hire within 45-60 days. The scope of the role includes serving as a recruiting specialist, pipeline manager, and process expert leveraging multiple recruiting tools including: LinkedIn, job boards and aggregators, social media, and other sourcing techniques to drive positive outcomes for hiring managers and candidates.
- Develop and maintain a strong candidate pipeline for core roles within assigned Service Line/Sub-Service Line, and ability to help in other areas as needed
- Leverage multiple recruiting sources and techniques to identify and engage active and passive candidates, including LinkedIn, search engines, niche job boards, social media, user groups, and blogs
- Manage 10-15 requisitions at a given time with potential to take on more as business needs dictate
- Review candidate profiles, screen resumes, and update candidate status in Merkle’s applicant tracking system (ATS) - SmartRecruiters
- Conduct a thorough prescreen of all prospects prior to presenting to hiring manager for consideration
- Coordinate closely with hiring teams and Recruiting Coordinators to shepherd candidates through the process
- Extend offers to candidates, coordinating closely with career advocates and hiring managers
- Implement and execute sourcing programs and strategies to fill current openings and help build a healthy pipeline of qualified candidates for future openings
- Mine SmartRecruiters (ATS) to identify candidates for assigned requisitions
- Maintain knowledge of the industry landscape
- Capture and leverage key intelligence from each prospect interaction to generate additional leads, networks, and pipelines
- Foster and cultivate an atmosphere of collaboration and teamwork across all relevant internal stakeholders
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience in an HR or recruiting environment
- Bonus: Experience in the Creative, Strategy, and/or Digital Media/Ad Agency space
- Proficiency in MS office
- Ability to manage and prioritize a complex and diverse workload
- Effective communication, influencing, and persuasiveness skills
- Possess poise, confidence and presence to be able to deal effectively with executives, external customers, vendors, and clients at all levels
- Strong, self-confident, decisive individual with excellent listening skills and emotional maturity
- Ability to manage and resolve complex customer situations while maintaining a team culture that has a high level of responsiveness to its customers
- Flexibility in adapting to and responding quickly to changing priorities and deadlines with a high sense of urgency
- Attention to detail and consistent follow-up is essential
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.
This job description is a summary of the essential functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description. Other duties, as assigned by the supervisor, might be part of the job.