Associate DevOps Engineer
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network
We are seeking a DevOps Engineer who is passionate about DevOps, embraces infrastructure as code, supports CI/CD, and enjoys collaborating to produce high performing, maintainable solutions. As a DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for the successful release and run time of revenue generating big data solutions and will focus on continuously improving, optimizing, and eliminating toil through automation. In addition to automating operations and managing infrastructure through code, you will work collaboratively with the product team, developers, and IT personnel to build, evolve, and scale our solutions to meet our growing business.
- Evaluates, automates, and optimizes processes, building infrastructure through code and streamlining pipelines, monitoring, and incident response processes, following industry standards and best practices
- Able to learn quickly and automate, integrate, deploy, or release solutions using tools, scripting, or coding as needed.
- Continuously striving for improvement, evaluating new approaches, industry standards, new tooling, etc. and producing recommendations for improvements
- Maintains established SLAs, SLIs, SLOs, and monitors systems, assessing lead time for changes, change failure rate, deployment frequency, mean time to recover, and availability, striving for continuous operational improvement and improved customer satisfaction
- Collaborates with development, participating in designs and assisting with optimizing system performance and right sizing environments
- Proficient at problem management including definition, brainstorming, and determining a resolution through collaboration
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics, or other equivalent experience
- 2-3 years experience in DevOps
- 2 years or equivalent experience in supporting high availability systems
- 2 years experience in cloud base technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- 1 years experience working in Agile teams and CI/CD environments
- Experience with Bash, Python or similar scripting
- Experience with Linux; experience with Windows is desired
- Experience with containers such as Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience with Jenkins, Airflow, or other orchestration tools
- Experience with code repositories such as Git, Bitbucket, Github, etc.
- Experience with Terraform or CloudFormation or other IaC tools
- Able to collaborate across organizations with all levels of leadership to evaluate and resolve issues
- Able to communicate well, documenting processes as needed
- Able to learn new emerging technologies quickly and apply innovative ideas to resolve problems
- Able to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Understanding of an object-oriented programming language
- Able to script and perform refactoring
- Able to manage frequent, incremental code testing and deployment (CI/CD principles)
- Able to automate processes using automation tools and best practices
- Able to manage big data and data that scales
- Able to focus on results and business outcomes
- Understanding and focus on business outcomes
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.