SMB Functional Architect
LiveArea, a Merkle Company, is a global commerce services company. We combine business strategy, experience design and technology to help leading B2C and B2B organizations deliver exceptional commerce solutions worldwide. We are a diverse team with distinct interests, skillsets, and backgrounds collaborating across all facets of commerce. Together, we take pride in driving measurable and material value for our clients by leveraging our holistic commerce expertise within specific industry vertical markets.
The SMB Functional Architect leads Adobe projects and consulting engagements with our enterprise clients, partnering with key stakeholders to create a compelling vision while advising and executing on strategies to make best use of the Adobe platform(s) to meet the client’s business goals. This person is responsible for leading the requirements and documentation sessions to gain an understanding of the client’s current state of process and technology in the Commerce space as well as supporting the implementation and ongoing services. The SMB Functional Architect is responsible for providing storefront solution guidance and recommendations as well as sharing best practices across the digital eCommerce landscape.
- Lead project discovery workshops, both on-site and remotely
- Assess client business requirements, and work closely with the Technical Architect/Lead to provide long-term functional solutions based on the applicable Adobe platform best practices
- Communicate platform and business manager capabilities and limitations to clients effectively
- Identify client process pain points and gaps in merchandising and maintenance best practices
- Drive client functional requirements and eCommerce best practice adoption
- Author & review functional specification documentation for implementations and other large projects
- Stay current with the Adobe Commerce Cloud platforms, releases, and new features & functionality
- Identify opportunities and assist pre-sales support activities when needed
- Consult customers on best practices for merchandising, search functionality, URL rules, catalog structure, etc. utilizing core business manager functionality
- Assess client business requirements and work closely with Adobe Technical Architects to provide long-term functional solutions based on Adobe Commerce Cloud
- Periodically review existing client sites and document business & technical areas of opportunity to help ensure high customer satisfaction with LiveArea service.
- Drive customer functional requirements and eCommerce best practices adoption
- Work closely with our partner organizations to support & enable their project implementation teams on functional best practices for Adobe Commerce Cloud
- Author & review functional specification documentation for implementation project teams
- Contribute to eCommerce thought leadership at LiveArea
- Minimum 5 years eCommerce experience in a Functional / Business Analyst capacity
- 4-year degree in a related field, or commensurate experience
- Understand the Adobe Commerce Cloud platform and the business manager merchandising capabilities
- Direct customer facing and delivery experience in a consulting role
- Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables
- Expert presentation and communication skills with the ability to deliver accordingly based on audience members including the C-Suite.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong (and creative!) problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of team
- Ability to travel as required, ~20%
- Experience across commerce platforms a plus (Hybris, BigCommerce, Shopify, etc.)
- Multiple health plan options, including independent insurance and pre-tax FSAs
- Life insurance, AD&D, and short- and long-term disability with company-paid premium
- Ample paid time off, holidays, and flex time
- Generous full paid leave for new parents, including parental, maternity, paternity, and adoption leave and assistance
- Military leave for active duty service members deployed to full-time service
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company-sponsored matching program
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.
For individuals assigned to and/or hired in Colorado, the anticipated salary range for this position is $120K - $160K, which is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills and other job-related qualifications. Pay ranges in locations other than Colorado may differ based on labor market wage rates in those locations. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit https://dentsubenefitsplus.com/