Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
The Product Engineer/Delivery Advocate will be responsible for articulating and driving the design and implementation for Merkle Promotions and Loyalty Solutions user engagement platforms. They will work closely with the Delivery and Product teams to develop a deep understanding of the functional and non-functional requirements for building and sustaining solutions in a high-traffic, globally distributed environment. The position will require developing technical alignment with Product value streams at each stage of the software development lifecycle to gain organizational commitment for feature design and implementation. The Advocate will also advise and assist the Solution Architecture and Delivery organizations in planning and developing client solutions in an agile, fast-paced, and highly automated environment.
- Collaborate with Product, Delivery, Engineering, and Solution Architecture to outline, design, and implement core platform features and deploy them to production based on success metrics
- Maintain an expert level of platform and product knowledge
- Listen, understand, and incorporate team challenges and requirements in software design and architecture to align platform capabilities to business, team, and client expectations
- Design, document, and implement long-term strategic technology goals and short-term tactical plans for managing and maintaining platform systems and software
- Design and document platform components and frameworks for communication, integration, maintenance, and assessment / audit.
- Contribute to development of the platform, platform technology strategy, and platform roadmap.
- Assist and mentor engineering team members in solution design and client solution roadmappings.
- Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support technology acquisition, onboarding, and operationalization.
- Participate in vendor evaluations for platform integration.
- 5+ years Software / Systems engineering experience
- Strong background in Linux / Unix administration and Containerization
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience with SCM tools and flows (git, SVN (Subversion), etc.)
- Knowledgeable in usage and development of UML (Unified Modeling Language) based designs, experience in the modeling of the dynamic behavior of software.
- Knowledge of the application SDLC and IT frameworks like Agile, DevOPs, TOGAF, and ITIL
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.