SQL/ETL Database Developer
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
Data Integration Developers contribute towards the data integration design and development of multi-terabyte marketing solutions that integrate and optimize our client's data across numerous sources. Merkle's solutions enable our clients to better communicate to their customer and prospects across a number of marketing channels and media. Data Integration Designers will be immersed in the development and maintenance of marketing database solutions to meet client business objectives. You will have an opportunity to work with a cross-disciplinary team across various divisions of the MS group.
- Contribute to Data warehouse architecture and ETL design
- Build and maintain SQL procedures and ETL processes
- Leverage the Merkle common frameworks and components
- Comply with development standard and best practices
- Collect and leverage any additional reusable components during a deployment
- Perform development and unit testing
- Mentor other development resources; assist with code reviews
The successful Developer will:
- Deliver high quality code and design documents with minimal supervision
- Be versatile and willing to take on new challenges across different projects and technologies
- Have a high sense of urgency to deliver work on time
- Design solutions to meet client needs
- Support others through leadership / management / mentoring
- Possess the Merkle attributes of being smart, curious, committed to vision, passionate, fun/pleasant, an achiever, and having a sense of urgency
This position interacts regularly with a wide range of internal Merkle teams (including Quality Assurance, Campaign Management, Business Intelligence, Information Technology, Developers, Project Managers) to support the development and/or ongoing maintenance of the solution.
- 4-6+ years experience with ETL tool(s) - Talend, Informatica, SSIS, DataStage
- Exceptional understanding of ETL concepts, processes, and tools - Talend, Informatica, SSIS, or DataStage
- 4-6+ years experience with SQL Database(s) - Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle or other major RDBMS
- Significant understanding of relational and dimensional database concepts
- Strong understanding of SQL and database programming
- Strong understanding of file management concepts, processes, and tools - sFTP, PGP Encryption
- Strong understanding of scheduling/automation concepts, processes, and tools
- Strong knowledge of software engineering and development methodologies, techniques, and tools, including SVN, Issue Tracking (Jira), and Software Development Lifecycle (waterfall, agile)
- ·Strong understanding of common IT offerings - e.g. Operating systems, storage, backups
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in Computer Science or related IT field, or relevant professional experience
- Experience with cloud technologies AWS, GCP, Azure
- Experience with Database Marketing Solutions
- Experience with a Business Intelligence tool; Tableau, Power BI, Cognos, Business Objects or Microstrategy.
- Experience with a Campaign tool; Adobe Campaign, Unica, RedPoint
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.