AEM Developer- Back End - (Remote)
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
- Designs and implements Adobe Experience Manager solutions
- Performs role of subject matter expert for Adobe Experience Manager
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle and understand the entire software development process from design to development to deployment to maintenance.
- Quickly learns and designs integrations with various marketing technologies
- Communicates both to non-technical clients and technical development teams
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and approaches
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Technical proficiency to accurately document code
- Require minimal supervision and provide oversight for assigned projects
- Prepare proposals and time estimates for future work
- Schedules work to meet completion dates and technical specifications
- 3+ years of professional hands-on AEM Software Development experience and experience building sites using AEM 6.4+
- Experience working with an Agile methodology and iterative development.
- Nice to have experience with practices such as unit testing, static analysis, and build automation.
- Have strong interpersonal skills such as effective listening, empathy, patience and the ability to interface with customers.
- Ability to quickly understand business and technical context in diverse customer environments.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with ability to work effectively across an organization.
- Team player with ability to work individually.
- "Embrace the Unknown" ability - Desire to continually learn and explore new tools, concepts and ideas and then share them with the rest of the team
- Experience with AEM as a Cloud Service is beneficial
- Adobe AEM certifications beneficial but not required
- EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related IT field; advanced degree preferred
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.