Head of Alliances
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years experience, we are proud to be recognised as a Global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
With our Head Office in Columbia, Maryland and offices US wide, we continue to grow at a rapid rate across Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
The Head of Alliances will be part of a team responsible for leveraging Merkle’s strong Alliance relationships to drive Marketing Technology, Data & Analytics and Digital Agency solutions sales and growth opportunities in Spain for Adobe, Salesforce, Google, Tealium, etc.
Responsibilities include owning the co-selling relationship with the alliance partner, interfacing and contributing deeply with the Merkle sales and accounts teams, and driving sales and marketing programs directly with the alliance sales teams. Acting as a subject matter expert in Martech solutions and their business benefit, the role will help drive new sales at existing and new logos. This role will play a key part in driving wins at the most strategic accounts to support the success of our Alliance Partnership program.
Life as Head of Alliances at Merkle Spain:
- Develops and owns the sales plan for the Merkle/Alliance (focused on Marketing Technology, Data & Analytics and Digital Agency).
- Builds successful Alliance partnership with various internal teams (esp Sales and Account) to identify, develop and close new business. Brokers relationships between Alliance and Merkle sales and product leads.
- Works with / through internal teams to develop Alliance partner offerings and go-to-market strategy.
- Formulate solutions to meet the unique business needs of clients and effectively position the same. Leads development of business-value messaging with the Alliance & Merkle teams, case studies/use cases, and other targeted sales materials in order to pitch, grow, and expand business. (Targets include C-Level clients, Alliance sales leads and also internal Merkle stakeholders).
- Works with Marketing to plan and implement targeted outreach efforts and events.
- Manages lead flow and coordinates closely with Merkle sales and client partners.
- Accountable for registering and closing new accounts, and driving sales at a group of named strategic accounts and supporting solution development to enable successful delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited universit
- It is anticipated the suitable candidate will have 8+ years consultative or alliance sales experience
- Experience with alliance partner technology/solutions
- Established contacts and relationships with potential customers
- Knowledge and understanding of the database marketing and agency marketplace
- Market and sales expertise with a partnership focus
- Significant business relationships with senior client executives
- Experienced in executing partner go-to-market programs, messaging and delivery for a variety of audiences including a track record of exceeding revenue quota and new customer adoption goals
- Must have a history of quota attainment in outside sales and strong client/agency relationships
- Develop strong internal relationships within their respective Vertical, Business Units and across Merkle
- History of success working within an individual and team environment
- Gain and maintain knowledge on all Merkle products, services and tools by attending MU, departmental, Sales and corporate training meetings
- An ability to gain access and influence decision-makers at the highest levels in client organizations
- The ability to craft and execute strategic and tactical plans to close large revenue projects
- Outstanding consultative selling abilities and excellent interpersonal skills with executive level customers and partners
- Private medical insurance
- Day off on your Birthday
- Reduced working hours on a Friday and during the summer months
- Working with cutting-edge technologies
- Flexible working hours & Possibility to work from home
- Continuous professional development plans
- Amazing working atmosphere and team culture
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in Spain as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.