Junior Google Technology Consultant
Merkle is a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based marketing', and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader. It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we’re growing at a tremendous pace – and have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
Every year a larger share of advertising & marketing is being bought digitally, and companies are turning to advanced technologies to help them make the most of their budgets. However, implementing advertising technologies is complex, challenging, and ever-changing, which is why it takes specialist knowledge to ensure it’s done correctly.
Merkle are growing their AdTech consultancy practice and are looking for some keen and curious new team members to join and begin their career in this exciting and rapidly growing part of the advertising industry.
As a Junior Google Technology Consultant you will be provided full training and hands-on experience to become an expert in various advertising technologies. This includes Google’s GMP ads platforms which are used by most brands worldwide to deliver best-in-class digital advertising.
As you develop your skills in this role you will:
· Help to successfully onboard new clients on to their chosen advertising technology platforms
· Ensure all clients have accurate and timely technology support
· Help clients to troubleshoot issues with their advertising technologies
· Advise clients on how their advertising technologies should be setup and integrated with each other
· Train the client, their teams and their agency partners on how you’ve architected and implemented their advertising technologies, and how they should adhere to the best practices you’ve defined moving forwards
· Become an expert on various Tag Management System (including Google Tag Manger) to implement media measurement technologies
· Work with technical vendor personnel to suggest and test product improvements
· Support more senior team members to manage client relationships to ensure they are maturing and getting the very most from their technologies and data
· A strong interest in advertising, technology and data
· Ability to quickly absorb complex technical concepts and communicate them in simple ways
· A natural desire to learn everything possible about a given system, and will question not just what something is, but why it works in the way it does
· A logical mindset and a love for solving problems
· A considered and detail-oriented approach to projects; you will be the sort of people who thinks through all important aspects of something before making a clear and confident decision
· Is enthusiastic and confident and is happy and likes people interaction
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Merkle, a dentsu company, we believe that creating diverse and balanced teams is not just a moral imperative, it is a business imperative. To help our clients reach millions of different people every day, we need our people to reflect the society that we represent.
We aim to create an inclusive culture where all talent thrives, and we champion meaningful progress in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for our people, clients and partners.
DEI is firmly embedded into our shared values - the 8 Ways to Never Before - and our Leadership Framework, which applies to all of our people. And our Global DEI Principles reflect our pledge to be an organisation that promotes wellbeing and inclusivity for everyone - regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender (incl. gender identity and gender expression), age, neurodiversity or physical ability.
We are proud of what makes us different and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply to join us. We are always happy to discuss all flexible and agile approached to working and should you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture; we have regular company / team socials and want all our employees to enjoy coming into work. Some of our benefits include:
- Friendly, approachable office atmosphere - and business-casual dress code
- 25 days annual leave
- Private Medical Insurance
- 5% Employer contribution towards your pension
- Birthday day off
- Wellbeing Days throughout the year – these days are leave days where we encourage the whole team (where possible) to take the whole day off to recoup, rest and relax. There are three Wellbeing days scheduled for 2022
- HR Apprenticeship along with paid annual membership to the CIPD
- Cycle2Work scheme, free eye tests and season ticket loans (post 3-month probation)
To be honest, the best way to learn about what it's like to be part of Merkle is to check out our social media pages at @MerkleUK!
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.