Audience Strategy - Analyst, Customer Analytics
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
LOCATION - anywhere in the US
The Analyst will support the audience segmentation, audience analytics and testing strategy and campaign execution. He/she will lead in-console reporting and analysis that’s aligned with brand KPIs. Familiarity with Mar Tech/Ad tech platforms and hands on experience in one of the DMP tools such as Adobe Audience Manager, Salesforce Audience Studio is preferred but not required.
To succeed in this role, the senior analyst is expected to demonstrate strategic thinking, logical reasoning, strong communication and presentation skills, outstanding analytic skills, and the ability to resolve complex issues.
Strategy & Analytics Development
- Support audience strategies and audience development across platforms (DMP, Media Networks etc.)
- Conduct audience management for paid and owned media, cross-channel customer engagement, testing and measurement
- Conduct analyses using different data sources to develop audience-based testing
- Identify opportunities to leverage all data sources, including 1st party, 2nd party, and 3rd party data to enhance audience effectiveness
- Facilitate new technology integrations within and outside of the platform with digital vendors and internal data warehouses to enhance audience capabilities
- Work with diverse client roles with guidance from an engagement lead
- Often working as part of a multi-disciplinary team within Merkle and on the client-side support and ensure success in the deployment and usage of clients’ technology investment
- Minimum of 1 years of work experience in digital analytics preferably at a digital agency
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in Marketing, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent quantitative field with emphasis on programming required
- DMP experience preferred but not required
- Knowledge of Ad Tech/ Mar Tech platforms preferred, but not required
- Strong analysis skills including skills to rapidly learn new data assets
- Experience in creating insights from digital data
- Exposure to DSPs, 3rd party data, ad serving, real-time bidding, and ad exchanges.
- Strong written, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to work in matrix environment and to serve as individual and team contributor.
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.