Sales Support Manager (Sales Operations Manager)
Merkle is a leading technology-enabled, data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company. For over 30 years, Fortune 1,000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios. We work with world-class brands to build and execute customer-centric business strategies. With more than 12,000 smart, dedicated people in more than 50 offices around the world, we are still growing at a rate that outpaces the market, with a 2019 net revenue of $1.1 billion.
dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress, and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data, and technology. dentsu international comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
Why Join Us?
We have a start-up feel with the backing of a large agency network. Merkle is the leader in data-driven performance marketing. We help brands achieve tremendous competitive advantage. We thrive because we employ the best in the business.
Merkle’s energy and personality live in everything we say and do. It shows in the way we deliver to our clients. Work hand in hand with industry thought leaders and leading luxury, high fashion retailers who are equally committed to delivering the best possible high-touch service to our clients. Join the team that drives the success of our global agency network. Come be a part of our company’s success story.
We are seeking a dynamic, self-motivated Pursuit Manager (Sales Support Manager / Sales Operations Manager) to manage the operational sales process for new business opportunities at Merkle. By understanding Merkle’s global sales platform, you will serve the business by managing and coordinating multi-solution, multi-agency, and multi-channel marketing RFIs, RFPs, and presentation development processes, in alignment with the platform’s stages. This role routinely interfaces with VP, SVP, and C-Level Merkle leadership as well as high-level client executives. This role is a great match for someone passionate about sales operations with Media or Digital Marketing industry experience.
- Create, maintain, publish, and enforce new business project plans, RACI’s and timelines when responding to RFIs, RFPs, and presentations to prospective clients.
- Work directly with sales leaders, solution leads, delivery centers, marketing, finance, legal, and editorial teams to named tasks that come with new business opportunities.
- Engage and manage new business pitch teams and resources of all levels. You will drive and provide directional and strategic oversight to pitch/resource teams while executing timelines
- Serve as a conduit between pitch/resource teams and our internal departments, strategic partners, alliance partners, content analysts, and research teams.
- Manage the new business response process from kickoff to submission can include tasks such as:
- Compiling of content from past documents
- Scheduling team and opportunity meetings/cadence
- Coordinating research with the PRC research team
- Creating new content for proposal use
- Recording management during the RFP process in Salesforce.com
- Utilizing Microsoft Teams as a project management tool
- Maintaining a repository of RFP responses and reusable content
- Ensuring Sales Platform best practices are followed
- Managing the printing and/or production of RFPs & presentations
Experience and Education
- Two plus years working in digital marketing, media, or ad-tech industries with specific project/process management experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You can speak up confidently and with authority.
- Proficiency in new business processes and best practices
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com, project management tools, and concepts
- Editing/editorial background (a plus)
- Success working in a sales ecosystem for a marketing firm (a strong plus)
At Merkle, we have created a great place to work by sticking to our core belief that a great company is built around great people and great results.
dentsu “eight ways” shape and guide the way we do things here, so that, together, we can achieve the ‘never before’ for our clients, for society, and for each other.
We dream loud.
We inspire change.
We team without limits.
We all lead.
We make it real.
We climb high.
We choose excitement.
We are a force for good.
We are dentsu.
Diversity is embedded in who we are and all that we do: our mindset, our solutions, and our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable environment. We put our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding, and learning so they can thrive. Our differences make us richer and enable stronger relationships with each other and foster greater impact for our clients. We engage with our communities to drive positive social impact by fostering equity and working to create a digital society that works for all. Merkle, an agency of Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, based on age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at Merkle, a dentsu agency.
This job description is a summary of the essential functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description. Other duties, as assigned by the supervisor, might be part of the job. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. No sponsorship is available for this position.