We are Merkle B2B, one of the biggest and most successful B2B agencies in the world, and further part of the incredible Merkle and Dentsu parent groups. Since our establishment as a global end-to- end, best-in-class B2B agency, we are growing at a rapid and exciting pace. You will be joining a team of over 1,000 B2B specialists globally, acting as agency of record for some of the biggest and most exciting B2B brands in the world where we provide service across our many practice areas, including Media, Creative, Insights and more. But don’t just take our word for it – we’ve recently won The Drum’s Best Large B2B agency award.
At MB2B, we are determined to be the best - and we know that only comes from having the best people on our teams. So, as we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast- growing network, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skillset through market-leading training schemes, including our proprietary Merkle University courses. You’ll be encouraged to be curious, to share new ideas and to be innovative and bold – we believe great ideas should come from everyone in the team. To that end we’re also actively engaged in ensuring DEI is at the heart of what we think, say and do. We work as part of the many pillars within our global and local DEI group - and strongly encourage all of our teams to be actively involved here too.
In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you’ll find the right work-life balance - mental wellness is incredibly important to us so we ensure everyone takes advantage of their generous holiday allowance as well as several additional Wellness Days each year - additional days off which are enjoyed by everyone within the Dentsu group. We know right now that the ability to work remotely is as important as the ability to come together f2f as a team and agency, so we have enabled each team to build bespoke charters to identify the rhythm and cadence of when it will add value to be in the office collaborating round a table and when it’s useful to work from where suits you – all with the goal of driving success for our clients, our teams and our agency in the smartest ways possible. We’re really proud of our company values and culture, and we want you to feel fully part of that fantastic community, something we celebrate in our regular company and team socials.
The Account Manager (AM) role is responsible for leading planning across client accounts within their portfolio. Taking a key role in successful delivery of campaigns, they will demonstrate best-in- class media planning across multiple media channels, and great client management. They will likely be managing at least one Account Executive whom they will help develop and grow the skillset of, whilst also ensuring their own development.
The AM will be used to working at pace across a number of simultaneous projects either within one account or more likely across multiple accounts. They will be developing their experience across both the brand and demand gen sides of the business and be continually investigating new opportunities, new partners and new tactics to test out for clients. Their desire to ensure fresh thinking is brought to plans will fuel the building of a strong network of contacts with media partners, established and new. Further they will work closely with other channel teams, strategists and external agencies to ensure the smooth delivery, activation, reporting and optimisation of campaigns for clients.
THE KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Own campaign delivery, from RTB, planning, activation, reporting and optimisation of campaigns for clients
· Build strong relationships with campaign leads on the client side, and become a trusted source of quality RTBs and plan delivery
· Build a strong network of media partner relationships – both with key, established media partners and new and upcoming partners to test
· Manage the stakeholders (internal and external) required for successful delivery of campaign – from other channel teams to analytics teams, to creative agencies, PR agencies etc
· Build an exciting and dynamic presentation style to help sell in plans and proposals to clients
· Supporting, training and mentoring of the Account Executives in delivering all campaign planning and implementation
· Create insightful and action orientated insights based on data analysis to drive recommendations, optimisations and expansion of campaigns with clients
· Supporting the account leads and/or the wider agency leadership team with projects as required, including new business pitching, presentations, MB2B product development and award entries
· Immerses self and team in clients’ business: understanding their challenges, objectives, external economic environment, markets they operate in, competitive threats and relevant partner agencies; knows client’s products inside out and applies this knowledge to deliver innovative, ambitious client plans and service
· Use knowledge of MB2B (and Dentsu) capabilities to influence and contribute to innovative, ambitious and value driven solutions
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
· Career development through Dentsu University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks, and mentorship
· Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
· A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
Diversity & Inclusion
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where ideas and contributions are actively encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry.
We have created seven Diversity and Inclusion Pillars. Each pillar is made up of a community of members who serve as role models and spread a message of inclusion throughout our global workplace. Pillar members are responsible for planning initiatives, events and training, along with championing change within our business. These pillars are Gender, Ethnicity, Mental Health, Religion, Disability, LGBT+, Parents & Carers.
Merkle is a place that embraces differences of opinion. To be an advocate for real change we really encourage applications from women, candidates with disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as we recognise that these groups are currently underrepresented in our marketing/technology industry.
THE KEY BEHAVIOURS
· Ability to own campaign delivery from start to end
· Manage multiple stakeholders - from internal teams, to external agencies and of course clients
· Multi-task across several projects/workstreams and likely across multiple accounts
· Extremely well organised, ensures that deadlines are met, calls and meetings are on time, meeting notes are captured and circulated etc
· As keen to create development opportunities for the Account Exec(s) they are managing as they are for themselves
· Takes on challenging projects/problems and creates plans that get things moving
· Finds the right balance of constructive challenge and adaptation when faced with opposition (be that driven by clients, team or leadership)
· Is able to manage down and up to balance getting tasks done and bringing in support as needed
· Delegates appropriately and does not try to do everything themselves
· Spots potential opportunities for cross-selling
· Sees patterns in data, understand what it means and translate into action plans
· Knows who their broader stakeholder group are and ensures they are kept informed
· Creates helpful client proposals on a range of topics, not just their own brand/area /expertise
· Understands client’s marketing strategy and objectives, how all the op-cos can help deliver that and is able to represent them to the client
THE KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· Good all-round client service experience
· Experience of planning across at least medium-sized clients
· Strong media planning experience & ideally good sector/B2B experience
· Experience in managing the finances for campaigns
· Maintain strong relationships with the media owner and partner community
· Good overall knowledge of MB2B (and Dentsu) products and services
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.