Vice President, Client Success (Retail Media Network)
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined dentsu. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle an agency of dentsu.
Open to remote applicants in the U.S.!
Join Merkle’s New Stream Media team to execute data driven digital & in-store media experiences across industry-leading platforms. This cross-functional team creates bespoke, best-in-class solutions for leading retailers utilizing first-party data paired with a wealth of retail expertise. Our practice supports retailers looking to build new media networks or strengthen current solutions, resulting in real business impact.
We're looking for a dynamic leader who can form strong relationships with our Retail Media Network client and drive value with a passion for problem solving with the best and brightest in the Retail Media space. You will implement, lead, and grow client engagement models for one of Merkle’s key strategic accounts as part of our New Stream Media capability. As a VP, you will inspire and motivate the team to deliver high client satisfaction by managing client expectations while driving towards exceeding retail media network business goals for the client.
Direct reports include Business Operations and Project Management group, which will look to you for best practices on process, resourcing, onboarding, and upskilling and training initiatives. Also reporting to you will be the Client Success group, responsible for managing finance and contracts for our clients. For our leading clients, you will work in partnership with the Client Partner organization, focused on enterprise relationships and growth.
- Establish and maintain strong, strategic partnerships with the client by ensuring the successful execution of deliverables and putting forth recommendations related to applied strategy using your retail media and/or industry knowledge.
- Manage integration of cross-capability teams including sales, creative, technology, media, audience, and analytics to deliver seamless execution of all retail media network initiatives
- Lead agency business review cycles and thought leadership sessions with client, orchestrating with Merkle leadership and New Stream Media SMEs to strengthen and maintain agency reputation
- Maintenance of client SOWs, including attainment of revenue and margin goals and coordination of contract updates with client and Legal/Finance as needed
- Coordinate Merkle resourcing needs, in alignment with SOW, across teams on behalf of client
- Ask questions and think strategically relative to retail media networks on topics including creative, media, reporting and measurement, and audience targeting
- Lead one-team approach for embedded Merkle team members in client’s retailer organization, ensuring all are focused on retailer’s retail media network vision and growth objectives
- Navigate matrixed organization to lead teams across functional areas, ensure all members are meeting deliverables, and resolve all issues both with client and internally relative to all facets of client engagement
- Main point of contact for Legal, HR, Finance on larger scale and more complex client contracts
- Key escalation point for internal team and external client resolution
- 10+ years of experience in client services/account management in an advertising agency, marketing company, or client-side marketing department with a working knowledge of:
- Digital Media landscape (programmatic, paid social, paid search)
- eRetail, CPG, Retail Media Networks, Shopper Marketing
- Relationship/Client Management
- Account Planning and strategy
- Understanding of data analytics for multi-channel results analysis
- Demonstrated team leadership (internal and client)
- Business acumen to develop and manage budgets/forecasts/pro forma
- Demonstrated collaborative approach to success through partnerships, where individual success is part of team and client success.
- Client management, consultative selling skills, and the ability to interact at all levels of management, including the executive level, to advocate and influence direction
- A desire to "change the game" and think outside of the box with enthusiasm for the future of eRetail/Retail Media Networks and building that future with us
- Ability to think strategically and translate to tactical and actionable deliverables for your team
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply. Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.