Senior Project Manager
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined dentsu. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
The primary purpose of the Senior Project Manager role is to plan and manage the delivery of business systems solutions and associated application technical support services in support of business objectives and ongoing operations. This includes systems and project planning, estimating, execution, implementation and ongoing support. The Senior Project Manager will work closely with the functional business groups to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of systems solutions deployed in support of business goals and objectives. This position is also responsible for application staff development and technology vendor relationship management.
The objective of this role is to manage the implementation of client related projects for an end-to-end eCommerce outsourcing firm.
- Develop and manage project work plans, which are associated with the implementation of functionality for eCommerce & logistics
- Monitor the deliverables of functional teams that are engaged in the project
- Assure quality of delivery for the project
- Drive resolution of issues within the scope of the project
- Resolve and / or escalate problems relating to the timely delivery of the project
- Report status to all project stakeholders
- Manage project budget (revenue and expense) to plan
- Prior project management of relatable ecommerce and marketing platform implementations; technical landscape may include Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Digital Marketing and CX
- PMP certification is a plus
- Breadth of project experience is important (as opposed to deep skilled experience in a particular functional area)
- College degree preferred or commensurate experience
- 4+ years of project management experience
- Strong work ethic
- Proven client management skills
Experience with some/all of the following business functions:
- Direct-to-Consumer Website design and development
- ERP Systems design and development
- Systems Interface deployment
- Customer Service
- Payment Processing
- Transportation / Logistics
- Multiple health plan options, including supplemental insurance and pre-tax FSAs
- Life insurance, AD&D, and short- and long-term disability plans with company-paid premium
- Flexible time off, holidays, and flex time
- Fully paid leave for new parents, including maternity, paternity, and adoption leave with financial assistance
- Additional paid-leave options, like military leave for active duty service members deployed to full-time service and disaster leave for those who experience a natural disaster affecting themselves or their immediate family
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with auto-enrollment and a company-sponsored matching program
The anticipated salary range for this position is $100,000-$145,000. Salary is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit https://dentsubenefitsplus.com/
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply. Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.