Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future.
Many locations and remote work considered.
The Business Intelligence (BI) Senior Analyst I is the key liaison between high profile clients and the Merkle Analytics Teams. This is a highly visible position, as the BI Sr. Analyst I supports the documentation of requirements and initiatives for a Merkle client(s). As a BI Sr. Analyst I with Merkle, you will be responsible for delivering outstanding data visualization solutions for our industry-leading clients in a variety of business verticals. The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of data visualization, data manipulation, data storytelling, and business intelligence best practices, along with full project lifecycle experience on multiple projects deployed using Tableau or PowerBI.
- Assist clients and internal Merkle teams in identifying KPIs, defining data structures, and designing/building reports and dashboards
- Provide independent thought leadership and guidance in the development of client-facing insights presentations and read-outs
- Participate in discovery sessions with client stakeholders and create documentation for business use cases and metrics/dimensions required to support the BI solution
- Query data and build views/tables leveraging best practices for BI data structures
- Leverage data visualization best practices to build dashboards based on the requirements and business use cases identified during discovery
- Quickly iterate on design of dashboards incorporating feedback from the project and client teams
- Translate data into human insights and stories which drive change in marketing strategy and tactics
- Work with various internal stakeholders to ensure projects are completed in a timely manner
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Economics or related quantitative field required; advanced degree preferred
- 1+ years of experience building dashboards and delivering insights using Tableau or PowerBI
- Tableau or PowerBI proficiency with experience performing front-end maintenance including setting permissions, defining user groups, and other user/content admin tasks
- Experience with additional BI/data visualization tools such as Spotfire, Qlik, Looker, etc. a plus
- Experience with Marketing, especially: Digital Media, Email Marketing, and Site Analytics is preferred
- Intermediate+ SQL experience to conduct basic queries for data analysis and use case analysis; Experience with data modeling for BI a plus; ETL experience a plus
- Skilled with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Teams applications
- Qualified individuals possess the Merkle attributes of being smart, curious, committed to vision, passionate, fun/pleasant, an achiever and having a sense of urgency.
- Qualified individuals possess excellent communication, interpersonal skills with a strong analytical and problem-solving skills
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.