Sr. Analyst, Customer Analytics
Merkle is a global data-driven, technology-enabled performance marketing agency and the largest independent agency in the US for CRM, digital, and search. For more than 28 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios. We work with brands like Dell, T-Mobile, Samsung, GEICO, Regions, Kimberly-Clark, AARP, Lilly, Sanofi, NBC Universal, DIRECTV, American Cancer Society, and many others to build and execute customer centric business strategies.
Merkle provides services across analytics, strategy, data and technology for a leading insurance services client to help drive the day to day database marketing needs and provide strategic vision for their growth. The Senior Analyst will focus on developing advanced analytical solutions to answer business questions. Do you like to get creative with data? Get excited when you have cracked that code? Love machine learning? If yes, this might be the perfect opportunity for you.
What your typical day in this role might look like –
- Building statistical predictive models, creating & automating scoring codes, monitoring model performance, identifying changes and designing fixes
- Data mining in a SQL & AWS environment
- Developing report, analyze data and summarize findings for internal and external stakeholders
- Evaluate and improve internal tools & processes
- Working on analytical analyses to answer business questions such as understanding reason for decline in performance, evaluating potential of new marketing lists, improving email engagement, test design for creative/list/channel mix, campaign selection strategy
- Participate in cross-functional and client meetings to understand business objectives and projects goals and identify impact to analytical projects
To excel in this role, you would have –
- Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) in statistics, economics or related quantitative field, plus 3-4 years of experience in database marketing; or
- Advanced degree (M.A., M.S., Ph.D.) in statistics, economics or related quantitative field, plus 1-2 years of experience in database marketing
- Experience with statistical techniques such as regression, ANOVA, clustering, Design of Experiments, time series & relational databases
- Experience in quantitative marketing arena, in database and/or digital (addressable) marketing, including strong understanding of relational database concepts and direct marketing concepts
- Deep understanding of direct marketing concepts and experience with data mining and manipulation
- Possess core analytical competencies such as ability to formulate an analytical problem; QC data and results; Summarize key findings/insights; Make actionable recommendations; and develop new and innovative analytical solutions to solve challenging business problems
- Experience with client facing role and designing & delivering presentations
- Very strong Excel skills required (VBA not necessary)
- Experience with SQL required
- Experience with SAS or Python or R required
- Experience with Tableau preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to explain advanced analytical methodology and present results to non-technical audiences
- Ability to discover hidden insights or complex patterns through advanced multi-variate data mining techniques on un-structured business problems
- Ability to execute advanced analytic tasks (including but not limited to modeling, segmentation, DOE, forecasting, etc.) and create meaningful analytical outputs
- B2B experience is a plus
- Project management experience is a plus
This job might be for you, if–
- You get a thrill out of working with data and take pride in digging deep until you find the answer
- You are proactive, motivated & driven. You volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked
- You love interacting with people, making new friends and working as a team
- You are on top of things, pay attention to detail and nothing falls through the cracks on your watch
- You take pride in keeping yourself abreast with industry trends, be it machine learning or A.I.
- You are driven to achieve and maintain your calm, especially under those tight timelines
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.