(Please note: ELIGIBLE CANDIDATES MUST BE WILLING TO RELOCATE TO AUSTIN, TX WITHIN 3 MONTHS OF START DATE. RELOCATION ASSISTANCE PROVIDED.)
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined dentsu. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
As an Associate Director within Merkle's New Stream Media capability, you will be an expert of onsite monetization strategy for one of our Retail Media Network clients. You will use your background in eRetail, shopper marketing, and/or CPG, to consult with our client, vendors, suppliers, and CPGs to develop a full media journey both onsite and offsite. You will own client communication and training resulting in the continued development of onsite monetization to meet our client's goals.
- Work with our client to implement best practices and standard operating procedures for a Retail Media Network
- Identify and recommend strategies, innovations, and opportunities for onsite monetization in the grocery space
- Continually learn about the latest trends in eRetail and shopper marketing
- Build training materials and best practice documentation
- Coordinate assets and tags with vendors to ensure campaigns are delivering against KPIs
- Oversee client pacing & performance across a digital media portfolio
- Consult and work with other cross-channel leaders for seamless execution across programmatic, paid social, and onsite
- Work with the data teams to provide insights to our client
- Report to a Director of New Stream Media
- 5+ years experience in the digital media buying and planning space with several years of experience in the shopper marketing, eRetail, or Retail Media Network space
- Expertise with publisher-side tools such as Google Ad Manager (GAM) and Google AdSense
- Experience with Criteo, PromoteIQ, CitrusAd, or Instacart
- Understanding of the supplier and vendor relationship for a Retail Media Network
- Understanding of digital media channels - programmatic, paid social, paid search
- Understanding of the digital media landscape with a focus on shopper marketing, eRetail, or retail media networks
- Client-facing experience and experience training others
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Well-versed in the Microsoft Office suite specifically, Excel and PowerPoint
- Professional client communication, both written and verbal
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply. Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.