Adobe Campaign Architect
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
Merkle, an innovative leader in Marketing technology, is seeking a Campaign Platform Architect to work on several high-profile Digital Campaign Solution Implementations. This position sits in the Campaign Implementations Delivery Team. The Campaign Implementation Architect ensures delivery of a campaign solution that meets a client’s business needs and requirements, is efficient, and adheres to the Merkle Implementation methodology and strategy. This individual will be responsible for taking campaign platform implementation projects for Adobe Campaign and/or RedPoint through the entire development life cycle. The role will work as the solution lead and will be directly involved in the architecture, solution design, development, testing and deployment of the platform.
The Campaign Implementation Architect requires knowledge of the marketing campaign lifecycle, technical database systems, and campaign management software platforms. This role serves as the technical subject matter expert for the given platform, as well as, a consultant on projects involving multiple technologies, components, and software modules.
- Responsible for implementing new campaign platform solutions
- Provide direction and guidance on integration of marketing technologies and tools
- Work with other Merkle teams to architect, design and oversee marketing campaign solutions specifically the campaign platform deployment
- Drive collaboration across functions and teams by translating needs/requirements into the final campaign solution implemented
- Performs role of subject matter expert for campaign platforms; provides guidance and oversight to solution leads and developers on the platform and solution as it’s being implemented
- Technical proficiency to accurately document requirements, design elements and code
- Able to effectively communicate to both non-technical clients and technical development teams
- Interfaces directly with client and internal teams, to address and manage requests and communicate status
- Coordinate and manage meetings as needed between multiple teams and resources to ensure cohesiveness in requirements and needs are being met
- See the campaign platform implementation through entire lifecycle including: documentation of new platform setup, testing of solution, production execution and quality control based on best practices
- Adhere to solution build timelines and escalate issues as soon as they arise
- Track and monitor campaign platform solution implementation timelines based on client requirements, resolve issues and report status in a timely manner
- Ensure the outcomes for the campaign platform solution developed for the client are aligned with the implementation SOW and our commitments
- Lead the effort for client agreement on final campaign solution implemented Serve as an escalation point on the Implementation Team to support existing deployments in our production organization.
- Prepare proposals and time estimates for potential future solutions
- Provides training and demonstration of the tool(s) for clients and prospects
- Provide documentation and lead information sharing sessions on final solution for client sign-off and/or internal transition to managed services team
- Provide input to the Merkle Center of Excellence, sharing knowledge and documentation on “how to” and best practices, etc
- 5 plus years of experience with Marketing Campaign Management such as: Direct Mail, Email Marketing, Customer Journey Orchestration, Cross Channel Marketing, Offer Management, Segmentation and Targeting
- 4+ years experience with Campaign Management tool, Adobe Campaign for configuration and campaign set-up
- Experience with Marketing Campaign Lifecycle, inclusive of deep expertise in all aspects of marketing campaigns including: defining and understanding the strategy, defining requirements, designing the structures and environments, understanding the data at a very detailed level, design of the marketing campaigns, QA, and fully understanding campaign execution
- Must have a deep understanding of the campaign process, as well as supporting processes, and is particularly skilled at managing the process
- Experience with Campaign Architecture design and diagramming
- Experience with Campaign design and execution
- Knowledge of DBMS like SQL Server, Redshift, and cloud technologies
- Knowledge of Martech stack technologies
- Knowledge of ESP technologies and functionality, specifically Adobe (Responsys, Salesforce Marketing Cloud and others a plus)
- Ability to decipher campaign logic and deconstruct rules into business language
- Solid understanding of relational database concepts
- Experience with multiple relational database platforms: SQL Server, Redshift, Azure, BigQuery, Oracle, etc….
- Experience with J2EE platforms (Weblogic, IIS, Websphere, etc…)
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Computer Science or related IT field, or relevant professional experience
- Redpoint or Unica
- Work Queue management software (Team Track, Aprimo, Jira, etc.)
- File management tools (PGP, Text Editors, CuteFTP, FileZilla, etc.)
- Salesforce marketing cloud
- Oracle Responsys
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.