SQL Databases Administrator
We Dream. We Do. We Deliver.
As a full-service, data-driven customer experience transformation, we partner with Top 500 companies in the DACH region and in Eastern Europe. Originally from Switzerland, Merkle DACH was created out of a merger Namics and Isobar - two leading full-service digital agencies.
Our 1200+ digital enthusiasts are innovating the way brands are built, through providing expertise in Digital Transformation strategy, MarTech platforms, Creativity, UX, CRM, Data, Commerce, Mobile, Social Media, Intranet and CMS. We are part of the global Merkle brand, the largest brand within the dentsu group, who shares with us a network of over 66,000 passionate individuals in 146 countries.
- Migrate and Upgrade hundreds of existing SQL Server instances (2012, 2014, 2016) to SQL Server 2019
- Monitors platforms according to guidelines.
- Analyses and designs the integration needs, as well as the redundancy and decommissioning impact on existing legacy solutions.
- Takes responsibility for the quality of the migration or upgrade, in terms of non-functional requirements (performance, stability, upgradeability and security)
- Contributes to the technology strategy.
- Contributes to platforms' strategies and evolution.
- Report organizational issues to the direct line manager.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience
- Expert certifications in information systems and Relational Databases Systems (MS SQL Server, MySQL/MariaDB, PostgreSQL) or NoSQL (MongoDB)
- Good Knowledge of backup systems (Commvault, VEEAM)
- Good Knowledge with Monitoring Tool (SCOM, PRTG, Splunk …)
- Good knowledge of SQL Azure Services
- Good understanding of strategic, new, and emerging technology trends
- Experienced with Agile methodologies (SCRUM, SAFE)
- Excellent command of English
- Cutting Edge Technology & Latest IT tools
- Agile and Flexible working hours
- Fair compensation according to your experience
- Career path
- Software-house environment
- Health insurance (also included for the household)
- 25 vacations days
- Free coffee
- Team & Company events (we can't wait to throw a huge party after the COVID🎉🎊)