Senior Consumer Strategy Associate
Merkle is a leading technology-enabled, data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company. For over 30 years, Fortune 1,000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we aim to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can grow. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
The Consumer Strategy Associate will join a team of experienced marketers that focus on helping Merkle clients achieve their goals through an understanding of their market and customers, Merkle's capabilities for online and offline marketing, and our approach to people-based communications.
Reporting to the SVP of Customer Strategy, you will build relationships to become a trusted advisor to our clients and the Merkle account team. You will be creative in your thought process about client problems. As the Consumer Strategy Associate, you have and an understanding of how businesses, brands, and customers work, with an advanced understanding of the evolving role that data and technology play in this relationship. You can identify our growth opportunities and develop strategic recommendations to help grow client relationships. You must also demonstrate the capability to get others to believe in the ideas that you present and follow that belief through to execution. This position is located in Pittsburgh, Denver, or New York.
- Develop strategic omnichannel marketing plans.
- Be an expert, in the areas of digital marketing and CRM.
- Monitor current marketing trends, new technology solutions, and competitive strategies – and then translate them into new marketing ideas for clients.
- Develop trusted, long-term relationships with important client contacts and executives.
- Ensure meaningful client value is delivered through a mix of best-practice solutions, capabilities, and original thinking
- Identify important data points and measurements to show the impact of our approach and strategy on our client's business.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 4+ years experience in data-driven marketing – specifically CRM/email/on-and off-line media.
- Experience developing solutions to support the sale of new services to clients.
- Hands-on skills using data and research to guide decisions –proficiency in Excel (can perform complex functions) and research tools.
- Experience translating data analysis into applicable marketing recommendations and presentations – proficiency in PowerPoint.
- Use business experience to identify new business and marketing opportunities.
- Comfort and experience working within a matrixed organization in roles with a wide degree of latitude.
- 5-10+% travel.
For individuals assigned to and/or hired in Colorado, the anticipated salary range for this position is $70,000 - $75,000, which is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, and other job-related qualifications. Pay ranges in locations other than Colorado may differ based on labor market wage rates in those locations. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit https://dentsubenefitsplus.com/