Senior Software Engineer- Web Technologies
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
The Software Engineer Team Lead plays a leadership role in all aspects of Merkle software projects. This role will be part of a multi-discipline team and will provide both technical and team leadership through coaching and mentorship. They will solution, build and maintain software that is leveraged by external clients to drive meaningful consumer engagement. They are a subject-matter expert for their team's client-specific technical requirements and will help establish best practices for Merkle to deliver high-quality software.
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery.
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
- Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts, software architects and stakeholders to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain applications and services used throughout the organization and our clients.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans.
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation, and maintenance of software.
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Manage and support deployment of releases.
- Work with teammates in the migration of legacy applications to current standards and technologies
- Develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications.
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems.
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to incorporate findings.
- Prototype and rapidly explore new concepts.
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
- Work with consumer support teams to troubleshoot end-user technical issues for software your team has developed.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Software Developer with web technologies
- Prior experience in a technical leadership position
- College or University degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- General web-related technology experience including Linux administration, databases, networking, security, and performance analysis
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS preferred) is a plus
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact recr[email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.