Platform Architect - Adobe Analytics
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
Merkle is seeking an architect for the execution of the design, development web analytics implementations within Client’s web and mobile platforms for various Clients and be an integral part of the data and decisioning group at Merkle. The role is a unique blend of business and technical with the ability to operate as a Client advisor for how to best optimize their investment in the Adobe Experience Cloud platform with a focus first on Adobe Analytics, Adobe Target and data ingestion.
Candidates are expected to use their passion for data and analytics to develop innovative ways of improving site tracking and performance. Candidates must possess a thorough understanding of digital measurement principles ranging from data analysis methodologies to implementation strategies, as well as a comprehensive knowledge of the major web analytics solutions such as Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics. The candidate should also have some exposure to back-end data warehouse platforms.
As the Architect of data insights and audience solutions for multiple Clients, this person is responsible for the successful design, configuration and governance of Clients Adobe Analytics solution. This role effectively works in a highly matrixed environment with technical engineering, analytics, and operations team to validate Client requirements, design and deliver high quality, scalable analytics/data solutions. The successful candidate will be able to effectively secure alignment on requirements and present solutions and alternatives with impacts in a clear and timely manner. S/he must communicate thought leadership, technical prowess, and the ability to work in cross-division, cross-functional teams from project inception to completion.
- Design & develop Adobe Analytics solution & technical implementation documentation for web and app platforms
- Build and execute tagging test cases to ensure that the appropriate metrics are being collected by Adobe Analytics/Google Analytics/3rd party tags and fed into the appropriate endpoints
- Ensure data accuracy with on-going QA, audits and data integrations across multiple systems, technologies and external vendor tools and applications
- Administer the Adobe Analytics product from top to bottom - variables, processing rules, classifications, marketing channels, data feeds, Mobile Services, etc.
- Lead collaboration sessions among agency and client stakeholders to facilitate optimal tagging, reporting and analytics capabilities
- Provide a leadership role in the evaluation and use of web analytics capabilities that allow clients to maximize insights into the use and effectiveness of its digital platforms
- Demonstrate an instrumental role in the implementation and adoption of web capabilities such as testing, targeting, and personalization
- Demonstrate technical expertise while scoping and driving the creation of digital data capture / analytics solutions and data integrations.
- Capture and document business, marketing, and technical requirements to present a comprehensive and scalable solution.
- Design / architect data feeds, platform configuration, and components needed to run complex automated reports or campaigns.
- Proactively identify and resolve problems including Client data capture/tagging issues.
- Stay abreast of industry technology innovations, new business practices, and third-party technology solutions.
- Help us continuously improve by identifying, creating, and enhancing internal systems and processes based on recurring Client requests or evolving industry standards.
- Ensure alignment with Merkle standards and policies, and with industry best practices.
- Act as a consultant and technical expert on Adobe Analytics stack serve Clients’ needs.
- 2+ years using Adobe DTM, Launch or GTM for web, app, mobile tagging, report generation, and data feeds
- 3+ years experience in information technology or technical marketing, with at least 2 years in a Client-facing position.
- Experience designing, building, and executing digital data capture solutions from end to end.
- Must have experience:
- Creating solution designs and architecture
- Setting up & configuring Adobe Analytics based on best practices
- Web Analytics
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to conceptualize and communicate highly detailed technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to take initiative as well as lead, motivate, and oversee teams to produce results
- Either Adobe Certified Expert – Analytics or Adobe Certified Master - Analytics or in process of becoming certified
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.