Merkle is a leading data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading non-profit organisations have partnered with Merkle to maximise the value of their customer portfolios. The company’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive hyper-personalised marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage.
Due to incredible growth, we are looking for an SEO Manager to join our talented & passionate SEO team. In this role you will be pivotal to the continued growth of the department by playing a leading role on one or more of our key accounts.
Reporting to one of our fantastic Directors, we’ll help you continue to develop your digital marketing career with the opportunity to grow a global client account, develop as a thought leader, and collaborate with other Merkle best-in-class departments to create and execute holistic campaigns.
Life as a SEO Manager at Merkle
Unlike some SEO roles, you won’t find yourself managing teams of outreachers chasing unrealistic link building targets. Instead, we focus on helping clients deliver incredible search experiences for audiences, meaning your day to day will see you:
- With the support of a Director and SEO associates, develop and implement search strategies
- Motivating and supporting a team to deliver against campaigns
- Providing regular updates on timeline, deliverables, performance reporting, competitive intelligence analysis and other follow-up items
- Extracting insight from campaign data, to identify relevant trends and provide well-developed proactive recommendations to enhance and exceed overall client search marketing goals and objectives
- Exhibiting clear understanding of overall client brand messaging and goals, and managing the development of content for search marketing
- Overseeing the solving of complex technical SEO problems and the development of technical efficiencies
- Working closely with key team members from SEO and across Merkle to ensure client success, and the continued development of our propositions
- Helping the wider SEO team develop their skills, through trainings and managing a small team of associates
We have roles open at a number of levels, so if you’re passionate about SEO but feel like your experience doesn’t quite match up with what we’re looking for here, we’d still love to hear from you:
Our identical candidate will have:
- Experience within an SEO focused role ideally within an Agency environment, and experience managing or mentoring more junior members of the team
- Passion about the world of SEO with a keen interest in becoming an industry leading expert
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal; strong client relationships building skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while maintaining focus and productivity
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Confidence contributing to a strategies across content and technical SEO
Additionally, the following are nice to haves:
- Experience working in collaboration with other digital marketing teams (e.g. Paid Search, CRO, Digital Experience)
- Experience with HTML editing, FTP, and CMS programs
- Additional language skills
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Merkle, a dentsu company, we believe that creating diverse and balanced teams is not just a moral imperative, it is a business imperative. To help our clients reach millions of different people every day, we need our people to reflect the society that we represent.
We aim to create an inclusive culture where all talent thrives, and we champion meaningful progress in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for our people, clients and partners.
DEI is firmly embedded into our shared values - the 8 Ways to Never Before - and our Leadership Framework, which applies to all of our people. And our Global DEI Principles reflect our pledge to be an organisation that promotes wellbeing and inclusivity for everyone - regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender (incl. gender identity and gender expression), age, neurodiversity or physical ability.
We are proud of what makes us different and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply to join us. We are always happy to discuss all flexible and agile approaches to working and should you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.