Sr. Analyst, Customer Analytics
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
Merkle provides services across analytics, strategy, data and technology for a leading insurance services client to help drive the day to day database marketing needs and provide strategic vision for their growth. The Analyst of analytics will focus on developing advanced analytical solutions to answer business questions. Do you like to get creative with data? Get excited when you have cracked that code? Love machine learning? If yes, this might be the perfect opportunity for you.
What your typical day in this role might look like –
- Building statistical predictive models, creating & automating scoring codes, monitoring model performance, identifying changes and designing fixes
- Data mining in a SQL & AWS environment
- Developing report, analyze data and summarize findings for internal and external stakeholders
- Evaluate and improve internal tools & processes
- Working on analytical analyses to answer business questions such as understanding reason for decline in performance, evaluating potential of new marketing lists, improving email engagement, test design for creative/list/channel mix, campaign selection strategy
- Participate in cross-functional and client meetings to understand business objectives and projects goals and identify impact to analytical projects
To excel in this role, you would have –
- Experience with statistical techniques such as regression, ANOVA, clustering, Design of Experiments, time series & relational databases
- Experience with tools such as Microsoft office suite, SQL, R, Tableau
- Experience with AWS, redshift, SAS is good to have
- Deep understanding of direct marketing concepts and experience with data mining and manipulation
- Experience with client facing role and designing & delivering presentations
- Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) in statistics, economics or related quantitative field, plus 3-4 years of experience in database marketing; or
- Advanced degree (M.A., M.S., Ph.D.) in statistics, economics or related quantitative field, plus 1-2 years of experience in database marketing
This job might be for you, if–
- You get a thrill out of working with data and take pride in digging deep until you find the answer
- You are proactive, motivated & driven. You volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked
- You love interacting with people, making new friends and working as a team
- You are on top of things, pay attention to detail and nothing falls through the cracks on your watch
- You take pride in keeping yourself abreast with industry trends, be it machine learning or A.I.
- You are driven to achieve and maintain your calm, especially under those tight timelines
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The anticipated salary range for this position is 68K-99K. Salary is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit https://dentsubenefitsplus.com/