Manager, Web Analytics - Adobe Analytics (Remote - USA)
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined dentsu. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
The Manager will lead a team of cross functional analytics professionals. They’ll possess business and industry knowledge and an understanding of business/technical processes, to identify client needs for quantitative/qualitative analysis and translate these needs to their team(s). Subsequently, they will translate the results back to the client with insights, recommendations and next-step roadmap and technical strategy planning as the client’s trusted advisor. Deep experience in data architecture, data science, and measurement is required to continuously refine current business practices and tools to create better operations.
- Must be a digital leader with ability to plan and activate programs across a variety of platforms, channels and audiences with a background in digital marketing analytics (search, social media, email, web, etc.)
- Be knowledgeable of multiple analytics platforms and how they are best utilized for client success
- Consult on client business problems, drive analytic objectives, create practical analytic roadmaps, develop concrete analytic framework, identify data needs and formulate data solution designs, manage analysis projects, package and present insights to stake holders at all levels
- Analyzes data structures in existing legacy systems to design extract, transform and load processes and data warehouse data structures
- Makes recommendations, based on data profiling and data analysis, for changes to existing/legacy systems particularly in automated data validations
- Collaborates with data science team to transform data and integrate algorithms and models into automated processes.
- Design customized solutions and implementation strategies
- Work in Agile cross-functional/multi-disciplinary team
- Stay aware of new and emerging analytics platforms and tools.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Business problem solver – operates with curiosity to get to the root of the business problem to ensure the ultimate solution is grounded in strategy & client objectives
- Digitally fluent and confident in speaking to and educating about the rapidly changing digital analytics landscape, including platforms, applications, and innovation
- Client partner who is knowledgeable about the markets, sectors and channels in which the client operates; uses internal and external resources to address knowledge gaps
- Actively listens and asks smart questions, listens to what’s not being said, is willing to have honest, ongoing dialogue about what’s working and what isn’t
- Solution-oriented mindset who identifies and acknowledges challenges swiftly and directly; offers solutions and course-corrects as needed
- Measures what matters, and tracks progress/reports results based on agreed-upon metrics and achievement of business goals, as well as program-specific KPIs
- Leads by example and is personally invested in the growth and empowerment of team members
- Must be fluent on the Adobe Analytics reporting platform.
- 5-8 years of progressively complex related experience.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Strong problem solving and consulting skills
- Adobe Certified Expert - Analytics Architect
- Adobe Certified Expert - Analytics Developer
- Adobe Certified Expert - Analytics Business Practitioner
- Google Analytics
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Analytics, Data Management, or equivalent work experience.
This job description is a summary of the essential functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description. Other duties, as assigned by the supervisor, might be part of the job.
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.