Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 25 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. When combined with its strength in performance creative and media, Merkle creates customer experiences that drive improved marketing results and shareholder value.
Diversity is embedded in who we are and all that we do: our mindset, our solutions, and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable environment. We put our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. Our differences make us richer and enable stronger relationships with each other and foster greater impact for our clients. We engage with our communities to drive positive social impact by fostering equity and working to create a digital society that works for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
The Account Director will establish and maintain strong, strategic partnerships with the client by ensuring the successful execution of deliverables and putting forth recommendations related to applied strategy using their CRM and/or industry knowledge. They also provide thought leadership on strategic planning initiatives, and engage a cross-functional team to deliver high levels of overall service and delivery.
- Successfully manage people and create opportunities for growth and development throughout team; coach and mentor internal team members for career growth
- Establish strong relationship with clients to promote Merkle and our service offerings
- Drive new business on existing accounts and participate in new business development efforts
- Consistently demonstrates financial acumen through ensuring revenue and profitability targets are met on account(s)
- Proactively manage the business to client through supporting and leading staffing and resource management
10+ years of experience in client services / account management in an advertising agency, marketing company, or client side marketing department with a working knowledge of:
- Deep experience with Email process & execution – We need to push towards templates, leveraging executional tools to further push UA to streamline the process
- We need someone with very high EQ who can push the team, tackle higher level escalations
- We need to challenge the status quo – hungry to learn about the program and has the bandwidth to put forward recommendations on how to improve it
- Opt-in data
- New programs
- Bachelor's degree required
- Ability to lead team (internal and client)
- Understanding of data analytics for multi-channel results and analysis
- Business acumen to develop and manage budgets / forecasts / pro forma
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply. Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.
For individuals assigned to and/or hired in Colorado, the anticipated salary range for this position is $106-132k, which is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills and other job-related qualifications. Pay ranges in locations other than Colorado may differ based on labor market wage rates in those locations. Additionally, this position is eligible for discretionary bonus compensation. The company’s bonus compensation plan is subject to change. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit https://dentsubenefitsplus.com/