Associate Creative Director - Copywriting
Merkle is a leading technology-enabled, data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company. For over 30 years, Fortune 1,000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios. We are champions for meaningful progress and we aim to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can grow. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our products and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
Our client is a forward-thinking financial brand looking to push storytelling. You are an accomplished Associate Creative Director- Writer with interest or experience in the financial space who will help lead a creative team creatively developing through omnichannel media. You will manage a copywriting team, develop best practices, and create copy for digital promotions, engagements, loyalty programs, and email across the consumer lifecycle, joining our creative team in Chicago.
You are passionate about building digitally-led consumer experiences for iconic brands. Under the direction of the Group Creative Director, you will be hands-on on several projects at a time and will be involved in all phases of creative development. You have strong conceptual and hands-on writing skills, with a broad knowledge of direct response interactive/digital experiences, including social, web, and digital video or TV.
- Know all important industry, client, and product information, such as offer description, product functionality, customer benefits, and client brand guidelines, including voice, tone, and legal mandatories (®, TM, ©).
- Manage a team of creative talent, leading them in the development of creative work that is sound and creatively breakthrough
- Implement plans, campaigns, and projects to assure earnings, growth, and profit goals are achieved.
- Develop marketing materials that support established marketing strategies and projects.
- Implement creative, technical, and conceptual copy solutions to meet client strategic planning goals.
- Guide the creative and account teams through creative conception, execution of concepts, and departmental processes.
- Manage current knowledge of the latest trends and technologies and institute best practices for traditional and digital marketing products.
- Mentor and lead assigned creative staff and build on and offer a meaningful critique of their work.
- 5+ years of experience of professional copywriting experience
- Experience in Financial Services industry
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in copywriting, advertising, communications or ad school
- Overall knowledge of how to best write for print, web and social direct response channels
- Help inspire the creative department by leading creative conception and developing copy solutions that can be expressed through a variety of communication media
- Provide strategic and creative leadership to clients
- Have a general sense/understanding of branding, art direction and typography, and have some knowledge of current design and advertising
- Knowledge of principles and practices for all communication channels
- An understanding of the nuances and requirements for writing for Direct Mail, Online Display, Email, Social and Digital Experiences
An essential part of our dedication to fun and active lives is ensuring our employees live to their fullest potential. Working here means we've got you covered for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance with outstanding coverage at very affordable premiums. Add to that our 401K savings plan with a company match of up to 50% on each dollar contributed up to 6% max. We get that family is the most significant commitment of all. We make it easier to be a working parent with paid time off and paid family leave.