Analytics Delivery Manager
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced, industry-leading, growing analytics team that works with some of the biggest global brands – helping them solve their data challenges. We are looking for exceptional candidates to join our Consultancy practice in the role of Direction and Development Consultant (DDC)
Leading multi-skilled teams for our clients and their projects, you will be the trusted advisor for both client and delivery teams, running project governance and ensuring success. You will need to be the analytical translators between technical delivery and client teams to bring clarity and guidance to all.
Analytics engagements are complex and multi-faceted. And only ever a small part of our clients’ data-driven journey. DDCs needs to be able to anticipate and identify further opportunities and next steps for their clients to bring their data, analytics and engineering capabilities into the heart of their business. You will work with the client and the internal teams to advance these capabilities on the account
The types of projects you will lead will be varied – from traditional analytics delivery (such as development and deployment of propensity models, segmentations and LTV), to BI implementations (KPI frameworks through to platforming engagements), and you will also be required on more complex engagements such as cloud enablement projects and ML ops implementations. As you will have broad and generalist knowledge of how analytics works in organisations you will also undertake analytical maturity reviews with the data strategy teams to inform clients on how to use their analytical assets better.
You will be required to lead teams of analysts and engineers from all data backgrounds, building good working relationships to ensure that the team can gain trust and loyalty from the client.
In this role you will have the opportunity to work with clients from a wide range of sectors – from retail, to financial services, to automotive - predominantly involved with data and analytical projects that support marketing but sometimes can also be projects that support operations (HR, logistics, planning). We don’t like to keep our team in sector silos, which means your role will be varied – which doesn’t come without challenge, so a requirement to learn and adapt fast is essential.
You will work with award winning teams of consultants, project managers, statistical analysts, BI specialists, data scientists, digital analysts, and data engineers across multiple UK sites. This provides a fantastic opportunity to work alongside the best and gain knowledge of the latest tools and techniques.
What we are looking for in you
An ideal candidate for this role will have a background in digital or customer analytics or delivering analytics projects. They will have a good grounding in and experience of managing project teams to ensure clients expectations are met and the work is delivered to a high standard. Managing client stakeholders, timely delivery and ensuring strong project governance through our in-house Governance Framework is vital to the role (including meeting cadence, highlighting and resolving blockers, and managing profitability). A desire to develop the clients and guide them along a data-driven path is essential.
Essential Skills and Experience
· Professionally qualified / relevant numerate degree (i.e Maths, Data Science, Engineering, Business)
· A good grounding in one or more of customer, digital, or media analytics with 2-3 years leadership or consultancy experience
· Understanding of the full analytics project lifecycle from requirements gathering, analytical environment set up, analytics and data engineering project management, and handover and wrap up.
· Demonstrable project governance understanding related to deliverables alignment and quality control; timelines, risk assessment, blocker identification and escalations; profitability, scope creep and resource allocation
· Strong presentation skills, with the ability to present complex concepts to a wide range of audiences
· Able to set a forward-looking vision, to lead and inspire at all levels
· Build strong relationships with key stakeholders, working cross-functionally across the organisation
· Managing priorities across a complex stakeholder matrix
· Managing highly engaged teams of top talent, including hiring, retaining, developing and engaging employees, across all levels of the organisation
· Experience of managing the financial aspects of the business
· Client portfolio experience including the client strategy, tactics, forecasts, budget, projections, and performance metrics
· Identify new opportunities with the business and pitch involvement
· Mentoring and/or Coaching for a variety of roles across an organisation
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.