Implementation Quality Assurance Analyst
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 29 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The purpose of this role is to ensure the developed software meets the client requirements and the business’ quality standards within the project release cycle and established processes. To develop skills and to gain experience in various QA areas.
- Define scope and objectives of all levels of QA testing
- Write test plans, design test cases, develop test scripts, test conditions, test procedures and expected results
- Perform all aspects of testing, including functional, regression, load, system testing, and user acceptance testing (UAT)
- Create large volumes of test data if required
- Ability to debug the differences and document the issues identified
- Track and reports defect using appropriate tools
- Validate fixes and ensure follow through to all test cycles
- Investigate and recommend remediation strategies for data quality conditions, and process failures
- Communicate test status to internal project team and clients(s)
- Develop and contribute best practices and standards for a particular solution or across multiple medium/large scale projects/accounts
- Accurately estimate work effort and delivery timelines to support project and client management
- Manage workload and project priorities among QA team resources
Key Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related IT field
- Proficiency with SQL language
- Ability to understand Requirements and translate them into test cases and test scripts
- Strong knowledge of databases, data flow processes, and data modeling concepts
- Excellent written and oral English communication skill
- 4 years of experience in any software quality assurance or testing position
- Prior working experience in the CRM / database marketing field a plus
- Prior working experience on Cloud platform (Azure, GCP, AWS) a plus
- Prior working experience on testing 1st & 3rd party tags on Client’s digital properties (website, mobile applications, intranet/extranet, etc.) a plus
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.