Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a Global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
Due to significant client growth, we are seeking a new Account Director to join our Client Services team to manage global brands and cohesively lead complex engagements building more integrated offerings to our clients across the full capability set. This is a strategic client growth role requiring a strong knowledge of commerce technology and experience solutions.
In this role, you will focus on one or a number of our key global accounts to grow our engagement organically and by embedding our different offerings across various service lines. Working closely with the existing team, including Experience design, Programme management, Offshore and Near shore services and others you will understand the customer landscape and our solutions, to drive both, existing and identify new strategic opportunities. Overall you will increase our value to the client in make a significant contribution to their growth.
The suitable candidate will ideally have a strong understanding of the End2End customer journey including commerce, data and marketing technologies (circa 7-10 years’ experience) with significant demonstrable experience of growing complex global client accounts incorporating cross selling opportunities as well as organic growth.
This role requires the ability to work across our commerce technology, marketing technology, customer experience, campaign delivery, data strategy teams and the Creative business. Whilst you will not be a deep dive expert in all these areas you will have strong commerce understanding and the ability to thread these components together to drive growth on your clients. This person would lead both C-level client discussions and be expected to engage across our capability leads driving value to clients and revenue growth for Merkle so must have a commercially focused outlook.
· Significant experience (we anticipate circa 7-10 years) working with commerce and marketing technologies, tools, databases, cloud based solutions, data and digital
· Within this, strong evidence of your ability to grow client accounts and cross sell opportunities to increase revenue
· Ideally bring experience of the Commerce and MarTech space
· Experience from a managed service, well versed in commercial pricing and models
· A trusted partner to clients who see you as their go to person to deliver all their needs
· Attention to detail and a focus on delivery as well as on commercials
· Motivated, self-starters need only apply. We are a fast paced and challenging organisation. You must not wait for solutions; the expectation is that you deliver them
· Proactivity and salesmanship is critical to this role. You are not managing a client, you are building a strategic platform for your client and driving Merkle value add into the client’s business
· Active listening is the difference between a Client Partner and the role of an Account Manager. Active listening means knowing the difference between a request from the client and motivation of the ask, which is often a far more strategic challenge. Knowing when to challenge the request and/or delve deeper into what is being asked is critical and ensure Merkle is a strategic partner aligned and delivering against the client’s business strategy
· Natural curiosity and openness, with a big dose of fun, is what will make you successful. The solutions we deliver are big and the strategies behind them can be exhausting, so knowing how to have fun will go a long way and ensure you’re a leader in this highly competitive client marketplace
Diversity is embedded in who we are and all that we do: our mindset, our solutions, and our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable environment. We put our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. Our differences make us richer and enable stronger relationships with each other and foster greater impact for our clients. We engage with our communities to drive positive social impact by fostering equity and working to create a digital society that works for all.