We are Merkle, a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader.
Our head office is in Columbia, Maryland and our expansion in Europe started in 2015 with the acquisition of three European companies: Persicopix, DBG and Comet. In 2016, we joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle in Europe; we have made several new acquisitions, secured new premises in London and have attracted renowned experts to diversify our offering.
It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
We are looking for a passionate, strategic and action-oriented professional to join our Controlling team. As part of the Controlling team you will play a key role in the improvement of processes, analysis of deviations and intercompany process to enable the management team to make the right decisions. If you are proactive, hands on, want to form part of a growing company and challenging experience this is your place
Life as a Financial Analyst at Merkle
- Contribute to the balance sheet analysis. Create reports and action plans to improve our performance
- Assist with the month-end closings. Plan and implement new processes in order to optimize monthly closings
- Identify financial performance by comparing and analysing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Manage the Revenue Recognition process and own the communications between the companies and business partners. Full ownership and freedom to develop new processes.
- Support Managing Reporting
- Support in external Audits
- Work hard, learn and improve. Proactive approach on processes to locate and define new improvement opportunities
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Dentsu University and LinkedIn Learning
- Free life and health insurance.
- Merkle Benefits Club
- Day off on your birthday.
- Language Lessons
- Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- 2 Volunteering days per year
What we are looking for in you
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or similar (Master’s will be a plus)
- 1 - 3 years of work experience in Audit (Big Four), Financial controlling or Financial consultancy.
- Good communication skills, team player, autonomous and proactive.
- Advanced Excel skills are essential, Power BI knowledge will be a plus
- Good English is essential as most of our communication takes place in English
- Strong capabilities in attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good troubleshooting/problem-solving skills and decision-making
Please submit your CV in ENGLISH
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in Spain as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.