Senior Manager, Media Analytics
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined Dentsu. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
We are seeking a highly qualified analytics professional with experience optimizing multiple digital marketing channels, as well as leading projects/associates to greatness. The Media Analytics Senior Manager is focused on supporting our Digital Media business (PPC, Video, Display, Paid Social). The position will be providing analytic direction on strategic clients, with a focus on clients and helping guide associates to improve our clients’ digital marketing programs. The Media Analytics Senior Manager will serve as a primary point of contact between many of our clients and stakeholders around managing and enhancing our clients' digital measurement. They will also be part of a growing multifaceted analytics team that develops advanced analytic solutions for top companies across industries.
- Architect solutions & provide optimization recommendations that drive results on client campaigns & objectives
- Provide thought leadership and guidance in the development of client-facing presentations and results read-outs
- Translate data into human insights and stories which drive change in digital marketing strategy and tactics
- Oversee the coding of data extraction, transformation and models by associates in SQL and Python (R a plus, not required)
- Quickly understand multiple data sources and develop methodology for joining data that will add value
- Oversee development of custom performance reporting and analyses across multiple channels/clients
- Partner closely with leading publisher partners such as Google, Facebook, Snapchat and Twitter to take advantage of new measurement features and learning opportunities
- Work with various internal stakeholders to ensure projects are completed in a timely manner
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Economics or related field required; advanced degree preferred
- 7+ years of experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in multiple digital media channels
- Understanding of relational databases and audience-based platforms
- Experience managing a team of associates or other quantitative thinkers
- Experience in additional Paid Search platforms desirable
- Experience designing and measuring media- and audience-based tests
- Foundational Experience with Mobile and Video advertising in Paid Social and Display. Exposure to Facebook and Google digital media platforms desirable
- Experience in optimizing entire media plan is desirable
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills, as this role is heavily client-facing
- Strong problem solving and consulting skills
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.