Platform Engineer - SFMC
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Platform Architect is a unique hybrid of business and technical consultant with the ability to operate as a digital tech lead focusing on the Salesforce Marketing Cloud (formerly ExactTarget). As the owner of email solutions for multiple clients, this person is responsible for the successful onboarding and overall technological direction for those clients and works as a liaison between the account management and operations team to design and deliver high quality, scalable technical solutions. The successful candidate will be able to display thought leadership, technical prowess, and the ability to manage cross-division, cross-functional teams from project inception to completion.
- Demonstrate technical expertise while scoping and driving the creation of digital solutions, email campaigns, email reporting, and data integration.
- Gather business, marketing, and technical requirements in order to craft a comprehensive and scalable solution.
- Ensure alignment of business requirements with Merkle standards and policies, and with industry best practices.
- Architect data feeds, platform configuration, and components needed to run complex automated email campaigns.
- Proactively identify and resolve problems including client data feed issues.
- Stay abreast of industry technology innovations, new business practices, and third-party technology solutions.
- Help us continuously improve by identifying, creating, and enhancing internal systems and processes based on recurring client requests or evolving industry standards.
- Act as a consultant and technical expert on the Salesforce Marketing Cloud to serve clients’ needs.
Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, or work experience that demonstrates comparable abilities.
- 3+ years experience in information technology or technical marketing, with at least 2 years in a client-facing position.
- Experience in a technical leadership role designing, building, and executing complex automated email campaigns in a leading ESP, such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud/ExactTarget, Oracle Responsys or Eloqua, Adobe Campaign, Epsilon, Acxiom, Yesmail, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to conceptualize and communicate highly detailed technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to take initiative as well as lead, motivate, and oversee teams to produce results.
- Solid understanding of:
- Solution design and architecture
- Relational database concepts, with exposure to SQL
- Data management, segmentation, and ETL best practices
- Scripting and query development
- Web analytics
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship (including H-1B sponsorship) is not available for this position.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.