VP, Senior Account Director
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
Diversity is embedded in who we are and all that we do: our mindset, our solutions, and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable environment. We put our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. Our differences make us richer and enable stronger relationships with each other and foster greater impact for our clients. We engage with our communities to drive positive social impact by fostering equity and working to create a digital society that works for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
The VP, Senior Account Director is a leadership role in client environments and within Merkle. With deep multi-channel marketing and industry knowledge, the VP, Client Services ensures client objectives are met by overseeing the development and execution of strategic marketing plans in collaboration with the appropriate subject matter experts and the Client Partner if assigned. Such plans will include strategy, tactics, forecasts, budgets, and projections, and performance metrics. They are able to interpret and provide recommendations around marketing results and continually confirm the client’s investment is sound.
Could ultimately be responsible for a portfolio of accounts, the VP, Client Services effectively balances client demands with internal demands associated with staffing and resource planning, financial management, competing deadlines, and motivate their team to deliver best in class results to our clients on a daily basis.
- Act as a business leader and possibly portfolio manager within their vertical. This individual’s primary mission is to work closely with the assigned Client Partner to help grow our revenue and market share utilizing their strong orientation for service and delivery
- Executive level engagement of our key existing and prospective stakeholders in constant dialog around how to improve their marketing results
- Drive the development of strategic solutions for our clients and manage internal resources to fulfill these strategies on time, on budget and with maximum efficiency of resources
- Development and delivery of proposals on how to execute on the above
- Leadership of periodic strategic planning efforts, advisory/strategy consulting engagements, and “accountability” for the quality and business impact of ongoing client work (40-60% direct utilization as a target)
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent ability to manage client relationships, especially sensitive issues, and effectively problem solve
- Ability to multi-task and work well in a fast changing environment
- Minimum of 10 + years experience in relevant relationship marketing disciplines including multi-channel marketing strategy, online/offline media, infrastructure, integrated campaign management, email execution, etc.
- Experience managing large, complex, multi-million dollar accounts with strategy, analytics, digital and creative components
- Previous experience within a major consulting firm or marketing agency preferred
- Strong experience managing the financial aspects of a book of business including forecasting revenue, costs, profit margins, invoicing, reporting your financials to company executives, etc. Should be financially disciplined and feel at home working on Excel spreadsheets and internal accounting and forecasting programs (i.e. Salesforce). Responsible for profit and loss on an account
- Experience hiring, managing, and developing a team of who are responsible for the day-to-day execution of client programs; Must thrive on building highly effective teams; possess strong people management skills
- Proven strategic leadership and cross-team program management in a matrix environment
- Experience working with clients with the healthcare and/or pharmaceutical industry
- Solid understanding of all key channels (e-mail, Web, Direct Mail, Telemarketing, Search, Display and other Digital services etc.)
- Analytically minded, specifically comfortable with data, response metrics and trends
- Actively develops and shares personal POV on relevant topics (e.g., CRM, customer centricity, market evolution)
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.
For individuals assigned to and/or hired in Colorado, the anticipated salary range for this position is $168,032-$256,991, which is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills and other job-related qualifications. Pay ranges in locations other than Colorado may differ based on labor market wage rates in those locations. Additionally, this position is eligible for discretionary bonus compensation. The company’s bonus compensation plan is subject to change. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit https://dentsubenefitsplus.com/