Senior Python/Data Engineer
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
As a Sr. Data Engineer, you will be a core member of the data engineering team: developing, managing, and monitoring meta data driven, big data platforms, processing data extracts and providing transformation products. You will work with a team of passionate, experienced, nimble, and goal-oriented engineers that are solving complex problems for providing marketing focused data to customers. You will embrace change, and rapidly build, test, and scale solutions that drive incremental business value for our customers and partners.
- Develop and test data related solutions that perform data cleansing, transformations, aggregations, and extraction, using Python, Airflow, and Snowflake
- Based on requirements, design solutions that are performant, leveraging the benefits of Python for business logic and Snowflake for processing big data
- Manipulate, analyze, standardize, classify, organize, and manage data from different sources
- Develop reports, analyze data, and summarize findings for internal and external stakeholders
- Evaluate business needs and objectives
- Interpret data trends and patterns
- Develop analytical tools and programs
- Evaluate and improve internal tools and processes, including exploring new tools
- Create and automate data pipelines
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics, or other equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience with SQL, relational databases, and data warehouses
- 4+ years’ experience with Python
- 2+ years’ experience with Snowflake
- Must have experience in cloud base technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Must have experience working in Agile teams and CI/CD environments
- Experience with Bash or similar scripting
- Experience with Linux; experience with Windows is desired
- Experience with Jenkins, Airflow, or other orchestration tools
- Experience with code repositories such as Git, Bitbucket, Github, etc.
- Some experience in Tableau is a plus
- Able to collaborate across organizations with all levels of leadership to evaluate and resolve issues
- Able to communicate well, documenting designs and processes as needed
- Able to learn new emerging technologies quickly and apply innovative ideas to resolve problems
- Able to investigate and determine solutions to solve complex problems
- Able to develop, test, and deploy data solutions
- Able to use a wide variety of open-source technologies and tools
- Understanding of an object-oriented programming language
- Able to script and perform refactoring
- Able to manage frequent, incremental code testing and deployment (CI/CD principles)
- Able to automate processes using automation tools and best practices
- Able to manage big data and data that scales
- Able to focus on results and business outcomes
Merkle/Dentsu offers a full and robust benefits package to include but not limited to; Health, dental and vision insurance options, plus the ability to elect ancillary benefits (such as pet insurance at a discounted rate), Flex PTO, 19 paid holidays for 2022, 401K match (50% of up to 6% of your salary), paid maternity & paternity and more!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $110,000-$145,000 Salary is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit https://dentsubenefitsplus.com/